All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay guys im new to the Forum and ive been searching for tutorials on how to install a Knock sensor on a 1996 Vauxhall Corsa Vagas 1.4 engine can someone please tell me where and how i can install the part to the engine. Thank you for your help.

Tom

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Hay guys im new to the Forum and ive been searching for tutorials on how to install a Knock sensor on a 1996 Vauxhall Corsa Vagas 1.4 engine can someone please tell me where and how i can install the part to the engine. Thank you for your help.

Tom
The best way to access it is by jacking the front of the car up or putting the front wheels on some ramps. Then the knock sensor is located on the back of the engine block, I think it's between cylinders 2 and 3? It's a little awkward to get to but very straight forward to change. It's just a case of unscrewing the bolt that goes through the sensor and unplugging the electrical connection at the other end, then you just replace it with a new one :thumbs_up:

why do you want to install a knock sensor to the engine for.?
Err maybe because the part needs changing???

·
Registered
223 Posts
Err maybe because the part needs changing???
well sounds to me like some one has told him about a knock sensor and that he now wants to fit one to the engine which is pretty pointless

but if you need to replace it then its on the back of the block next to the starter motor smack bang in the middle of piston 2/3
cant miss it :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hay again

Thank you for the information my dad wants to install it to save money on fuel apparently the old one needs replacing. thank you again for your answers guys.

Tom.

·
Registered
223 Posts
knock sensors dont do anything for fuel economy they are there to sense knock from the engine causeed by detonation
the afm/cam/crank sensor will do more for economy then the knock sensor or also known as the piezoelectric sensor

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Yeah as said above, the knock sensor won't help your fuel economy. The knock sensor senses the level of vibration caused in the cylinders and if it vibrates too much or too little then it senses something is wrong with the ignition. The best way to improve fuel economy is drive smoothly, remove unnecessary weight from the car, keep your tyre pressures at the right level and service the car on a regular basis :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
8 Posts
i am having the same problem i plugged it in at work and brought up a code with kncok sensor open switch or circuit , this is after i have rebuilt my engine back up , i think it is located between cylinder no.2/3 if you look underneath it should be there , sometimes maybe just need to be tightened to the right torque , because too tight will mean to sensitive and not tight enough will reverse this , hope this help you ,
Smiddy !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts