All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey a couple of weeks ago i noticed a knocking noise coming from the wheels when i turned on full lock or near full lock, iv had both my cv joints changed 3 months ago, could it be possibly be these again, however now for the main point on Sunday whilst driving this noise become even louder and is constantly there when driving even in a straight line, iv jacked the car up and took the wheels off and have discovered that the left drive shaft spins freely with the knocking noise. the noise gets louder as speed increases, however the drivers side drive shaft doesn't spin freely at all and looks like it is becoming stuck.

does any body know what fault i have or how to fix , or had a similar fault thanks kris

here is a link to my problem its a video of it thanks kris

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
There is a plug in the casing near the n/s drive shaft. The car has to be level so you would need to replace the o/s wheel, then remove the plug and lower the car until the o/s hub is at the same height it would be if the wheel was fitted.

Use axle stands of course before venturing under the car.

Then check that the fluid level is at the bottom of the hole - you will need to stick your finger in to check. If there is no fluid present level with that hole I'd have a word with the garage that replaced the CV joints.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.