All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if anyone can help, when i let my car roll, there seems to be a knocking noise coming from what seems like the driver side at the front, if i accelerate or beak it doesnt make the noise its only when i let the car roll?

·
Registered
393 Posts
sounds to me like it could be the top mount bearing at the top of the strut, or something is up with the arm on that side, possibly the anti-roll bar.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Is this easily fixed or expensive?

·
Registered
393 Posts
fairly easy to check out, just have a helper roll the car while you check all the joints in the suspesion on that side, including the top strut. cost depends on what you find really, but if i guess that changing the strut top bearing being the most expensive (because you're basically stripping the strut like you would if you were lowering it) then it shouldn't be that expensive, especially if you check it out yourself before handing the keys in to a garage.

·
Registered
68 Posts
i think my corsa may have the same problem ... i took it for a raz on the local beatch and after i drove off my pal noticed a knocking liek a pst pst pst coming from the passenger side but it was only when i was traveling at 25 + or somthing i cheked the tyre ..fine .. no air escaping .. and im still lost as to what this is is it dangerous

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
yeah prob a wheel bearing my old ax did that for about a year lol.just jack it up an see if theres any play in the wheel.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Date of thread

5th Feburary 2007

old thread people, let it die.........

·
Registered
68 Posts
nah dont kill it i need help on this one the knocking got worse last nite so i had a look at the top of the suspension nothing moving there ill chek weel bearing tonight let u no tomorow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts