All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above, my laptop keeps freezing for a few seconds, then will be fine.. then freeze again. Sometimes it lasts longer. It was working fine yesterday, so im baffled. Anything i can check or do to make it work again? its driving me crazy.

Its a Samsung something.. Running windows 8, not sure if pro or standard.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Have you recently installed any software that may have caused this?

My bros laptop, he installed "ezvid" which is some capturing software or something and caused it to crash similar to yours, I went into safe mode and uninstalled it, now works fine.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i assume so. I bought it with windows 8 on it. Its stopped doing it now ive plugged the charger in.

Ibys, nope i havent installed anything on it recently.

·
Registered
748 Posts
A lot of USB stuff plugged in?

my external laptop fans used to make my laptop lagg when i first got it and also decided to stop the other usbs from working when I plugged somthing in.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Have a listen to the Hard drive noise, can you hear any clicking?

If you don't have any important data or can easily back it up you can try a restore on it as it will be like "new" then.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have a listen to the Hard drive noise, can you hear any clicking?

If you don't have any important data or can easily back it up you can try a restore on it as it will be like "new" then.
Nope, no noise at all. Like i said, its only when its not plugged in, so i think ill just leave it haha. Thanks anyway, if it starts happening when plugged in ill try a restore.

Regfo, nothing plugged in at all.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Seems a tad strange that it only freezes when not on mains power? It seems to point at a power problem. Laptops are sometimes shipped with dodgy batteries in them. I take it you still have Samsung Tech Support?

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
If you've only just bought it, id take it back, sounds like it could be faulty?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
^good fix lol. :) I have just realized that usually makes like samsung have "power profiles" which affect performance settings so when you have power plugged in it uses 100% cpu power and to save battery power and extend usage life so it would be settings.

No use to you now but anyway.lol. My brain is such where i remember stuff at wrong times!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts