All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here are the latest pictures of the car! Having lots more work done this week (inc wheels and exhaust)so watch this space! Please note the paintwork isnt quite finished it needs to be flatted back and polished again to get the silver to the same standard! The more observant of you may notice that its no longer arden blue!

Daz

Another update! Exhaust is done! Its incredibly loud! Wouldnt believe for a second it was only a 1.0 12v It is a full cat back with only a single middle box though! No back boxes!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We are toying with the idea of doing the saxo spoiler blue but not sure yet. there's big changes planned for the roof yet tho so keep an eye on it!

Daz

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
IIRC wasn't you planning on fitting a Jap attack front bumper?
The one you have on now is far better.
There's still a fair bit I'm not really keen on but it's progressing nicely.
A decent set of wheels will probably change the whole look of it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah we changed the whole kit to give it a much more up to date look! It is a little lairy and not to everyones taste but its meant to attract attention and its all proffesionally done with a normal customers buget in mind! To be fair the pictures really don't do it justice!

Hoping to have some pictures of the exhaust sytem up today! That really is special!

Daz

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
imo id spray he spoiler and ariel blue also as that looks very work in progress style.

my constructive critism for today :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fair comment mate, like ive said before its not to everyones taste! and we are planning to do something different with the spoilers.

what does everyone think of the roof rail bars? bit different hey?

Daz

·
Registered
408 Posts
imo thats hideous, i would laugh if i saw that in the street.

But i do see it has a purpose, to attract potential customers. And im sure it will attract the people who are into big kits etc. But i prefer subtle. Good luck with it though.

Btw is that just the pic or is there a big panel gap under the o/s/f headlight?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
im sorry but lets face it to attract customers you need a concept thats up to date, well horrids kits are out, lexus lights maybe be popular but there fading out and 2 tone paints been and gone i think theres so much more you could have done to that wee corsas to show off the kinda work you can do and the products

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
[QUOTE
Btw is that just the pic or is there a big panel gap under the o/s/f headlight?[/QUOTE]

Yeah there is a bit of a gap and we've told the fitter it needs to be sorted. Don't forget this is only the first fix! The paint isnt lacqeured yet.

Daz

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
im sorry but lets face it to attract customers you need a concept thats up to date, well horrids kits are out, lexus lights maybe be popular but there fading out and 2 tone paints been and gone i think theres so much more you could have done to that wee corsas to show off the kinda work you can do and the products
Sorry mate but I don't agree with you. There is not point conforming with what is 'in' it needs to stand out in a crowd to make people stop and look! Its blue and silver because those are the carnoissseur trading colours and you cant exactly miss it can you?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It's just the backend I'm not keen on. The bumper and spoiler don't look right to me.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
im with davie, why not just have one fancy colour? two tone is dated! more subtle kits out there as well, never mind :(

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
stop and look? if i seen that id look at it and think no effort has went into that its a corsa with a silly kit and painted 2 tone, my opinion and alot of others will just think its crashed into a fibreglass factory and into ribspeed, you could have done so much more to the corsa to make it look its 100% but you havent, you used 2 tone fair does its your company colours but 2 tone come on! and the choice of lights, cheap ass crome rears and angel eyes, and some fibreglass kit, not everyone wanks over kitted corsas mate and you will find that alot more people these days are into more subtle moded cars and there just going to think thats that company that fits horrid kits, car should have been more subtle, i can go to local cruises and see 3 or 4 cars that look simular to yours and when it comes to getting my own car painted i usually stay clear of them incase they want to start talknig about there over the top kitted corsas or civics that they have done

·
Registered
56 Posts
that is ****ing horrid

a decent looking kit and painting the spoiler could have seen you get away with the two tone paint

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
stop and look? if i seen that id look at it and think no effort has went into that its a corsa with a silly kit and painted 2 tone, my opinion and alot of others will just think its crashed into a fibreglass factory and into ribspeed, you could have done so much more to the corsa to make it look its 100% but you havent, you used 2 tone fair does its your company colours but 2 tone come on! and the choice of lights, cheap ass crome rears and angel eyes, and some fibreglass kit, not everyone wanks over kitted corsas mate and you will find that alot more people these days are into more subtle moded cars and there just going to think thats that company that fits horrid kits, car should have been more subtle, i can go to local cruises and see 3 or 4 cars that look simular to yours and when it comes to getting my own car painted i usually stay clear of them incase they want to start talknig about there over the top kitted corsas or civics that they have done
You are welcome to your opinion of course mate, and like i have said several times its not to everyones taste. But it does fit in with the majority of our customers cars and shows what can be done. Just so you know it isnt a fibreglass kit, much better quality than that!

So lets see your car then?

Daz

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
ohhh bendy plastic

my pics are in this section, gsi kept standard fitted with a 2.1 16v engine and a **** load of engine mods no cheap ass kit that ruins the lines of the car, lowered, soon to have nicer wheels as i sold the speedlines off it

d

·
Registered
585 Posts
I don't like it either but admire the fact that you've gone a different direction.

Before I had my SRi sprayed, I toyed with a few ideas and one was to have the plastics all colourcoded the same...even the spoiler. My car was going to be radiant red but I wanted black bumpers, arches, spoiler and door handles. Had my car been red when I bought her, I probably would have gone for it but since she was black I went for black again.

Your semi-smooth boot conversion looks a little off along the top too.

·
Registered
521 Posts
i like it mate an two tone is meant to be the coming back in now an i like two tone paint but thats my opinion i do agree tho paint the spoiler blue

1 - 20 of 81 Posts