All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What have you learned from you car?

For me ive learned dont travel miles with a trailer to buy a car without going to look over it first.

and

Dont sell a car worth £3000 for £650:(

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
learnt not to put an open air filter on a 1.0 12 valve, because in the long run it costs loads to make it pass the MOT due to broken sensors.

also learnt not to buy a DVD player without the live wire marked, as it leads to your car smelling of electrical burning for weeks on end lol

·
Registered
670 Posts
Long story

when i got the car basically it was running decent(ish) but after about a week there was many engine problems (e.gs revs by its self lol, hissing noise when putting ure foot down which the seller claimed it was the air con broke, and overheating problems) cost me about 300 pound in end to sort the engine.

Also i found out it had been in a minor accident which was not mentioned down the offside (class d write off or something? not sure)

He knew what he was doing. Claimed nothing was done to the engine but when me and lee got there we heard the grunt of the engine and didnt realise the airbox had been drilled, just basically bigged up the car more.

big example of that was the tyres saying they was good well infact are the worst tyres ever, forgot what they are called, begins with ma i think:confused:

quite over priced to top it off :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Just for future reference it is the one and only Dave_A.

The hardest thing for me to understand is he claims to have a lot of knowledge of cars, and has even opened up his own company (VSport in Durham).
Yet he denied all knowledge of the problems Lee_H ended up with.

I for one will never be sending a single penny his way and would not in the slightest recommend him or his company to other members.

I'm not one for bad-mouthing but in this case I have witnessed first hand all that has gone on.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Tbh if it was me Dearing I probably would have.

I really don't like the guy and it angers me at how he is on CS giving out advice and selling stuff to unsuspecting people.

Being the nice person I am aswell I have never once bad mouthed him on there.

I even sent him numerous emails so he could explain and he just denied all knowledge of it. This is from someone who knows a lot about cars and is trusted and paid to provide a service to customers of his.

·
Registered
393 Posts
things ive learned on mine:

1. twin-earth electrode Ecotec plugs blow up the distributor and coilpack, stay with standard-type plugs.

2. fitting water injection using the vacuum manifold on the throttle body to deliver it causes the head gasket to blow on no.4 cylinder due to over-pressure.

3. the fuel pressure regulator adjusting screw rounds off first time you try to adjust it.

4. lithium-based grease in the rear wheel bearings is next to useless, use molydenum-based wheel bearing grease.

5. the pollen filter on corsa b's is a nightmare to change.

6. changing the gearbox oil to 75/90 drastically improves gear selection over the automatic fluid it comes with from standard.

7. keep the gear linkage ball-joints and the clutch cable greased.

8. fit extra earth leads from the engine block to the chassis, besides improving the earth connections, it's useful as a backup in case 1 snaps.

9. fill all the engine wiring connectors with silicon contact grease for no more dodgy connection problems.

10. empty cans of Carlsberg are very good at exhaust repairs, probably the best in the world...

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
lol at number 10.

Some good pointers there.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i bought cheap budget tyres an there crap in the damp the car has no grip.then the other morning i hit a focus that was in a que on the way to work the car jus slid.lucky it just cracked my bumper abit.:)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
ive learnt

not to drive a corsa hard with new silencers on as it makes your engine light to come on

not to hit cyclists who dont stop at junctions as is ****s your paint

and not to attach a cardboard bodykit ,made from apple boxes annd a kitchen knife, with selotap as this also ****s your paint

and also i am not micheal schumacher as the police are about :p

·
Registered
393 Posts
no.10 is a true story.
was coming just out of Helmsley on my way to Pickering and going a fair pace, jumped this hill in the road and the exhaust snapped when i landed. all i had was 2 empty cans of Carlsberg, 2m of house electrical cable and half a tube of sump sealer in the boot. 20 mins later, exhaust repaired and off i went, lasted a week until i bought a new centre section and when i went to take it off i found that it wasn't even blowing!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Bloody hell that must have been some hill!

ive learnt

not to drive a corsa hard with new silencers on as it makes your engine light to come on
I can't see that silencers have anything to do with your engine light. And what do you mean by that? The engine management light or the alternator light?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts