All Corsa Forum banner

Letter from Police

2K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Stuart 
#1 ·
Joanne got a letter from the police delivered to her mums address earlier this week - her mum opened it straight away because she thought something big had happened but it hadn't :laugh:

It was saying that Grampian Police are sending letters to everyone owning a corsa B and C (never mentioned the D) basically saying to be careful as they are now the most commonly broken into/stolen car in the Grampian area.

Basically gave you tips to reduce chances such as removing cd player faces when car is not in use etc.

Just thought i'd mention it incase its not just up here. Was impressed to see the police doing something like this though :)

#20 ·
Is there a hole behind the mirror that can be used to gain entry?

Like to see them steal a Corsa C! two clicks on the remote activates the dead locks (doors won't open from the inside or out!) and also the key is needed to start the engine!

Mind you if they had one of them trucks the police use for illegally parked cars then off they go! (I think you might hear that though?)

:laugh:

#27 ·
Past down through familys, friends, etc. If you hang about with the "right" kind of people you could learn it easily.

matt1chelski said:
I was acctually refering to the post about people trying to get the keys (from inside house, using force etc) and not just everyday car theves.

matt
As you said it is pretty unlikely they would break into a house to get a corsa, but I was on a civic forum before and quite a few people have had there houses broken into to get the car keys so the car can be used as a getaway car.

However there has also been crime reported on another corsa forum of people ripping irmscher parts off cars.

#28 ·
Yea when jo and I were washing the car on saturday she noticed that her tyre valve caps (they were a gift from her mum and step dad when they came back from holiday - little silver ones with vaux badge on them) had been stolen. Now fair enough they are nothing major etc but its the thought of someone being round your car and doing that, that is off putting

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.