All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been on the search for one of these badboys for a while now. Lexmaul.de sell the for 415 euros, so i thought i would give Regal a call to see what they can do. Turns out they are lexmaul dealer for the UK. So i ordered one for £374 posted. Considering i see these things go for £300+ second hand, i was pretty shocked at that price. Can't wait for it to come now, next on the cards is a Dastek Uni Chip and Re-map with the rev limiter rasied, i hope to be seeing a 130-140 bhp x16xe.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Let me know what the Lexmaul is like once fitted Dean, I've heard nothing but good things about them. Apparently they're more friendly mid-revs compared to the Mantzel and Dbilas aswell.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do Lee. This is why i decided Lexmaul. Mantzel and DBlias are known for there power over 5k, however Lexmaul are apparently really good all the way through like you say.

·
Registered
670 Posts
i dont know much about these, so you will get 130 brake out of your 1.6?

What will it give out on the 1.4s?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Basicly, x14xe and x16xe, are restricted by the air intake (inlet manifold), The GM intake, is in the shape of an s, so by the time in get's to the engine, its lost alot of power, hence slowing the car down. They claim to add 20bhp, not true, with a full system, and de-cat you can see about 15-20 bhp i believe. But with a re-map and rev limiter rasied to say 7200rpm, makes all the difference.

Theres a guy on corsasport with a x14xe, with a DBlias inlet, full system, and his car is 110bhp, and there 90 standard? So a 20bhp Gain

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yeah, when you put it that way, id buy a inlet manifold rather than a kit, bodykits seem over priced compared to it lol

·
Registered
497 Posts
What's wrong with Asda trolleys? ;) I think the way most people see things (as I do too) is that a new inlet manifold might make the car slightly quicker, probably doesn't make a world of difference, and a lot of people won't notice it, a bodykit on the other hand, has more of an impact, everyone will notice it, and you get more physical stuff for your money. Like with a new manifold, your getting a few well tuned pipes (or whatever they are), but with a bodykit you're getting a lot of new styling. I just think a bodykit would change a car more than an inlet manifold. Nothing against tuning by any means, but on their own, which would be more noticeable? A few more bhp? Or a full bodykit? I personally think the bodykit but each to their own lol. :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Hmm, i think you would be surpised with the difference these things actully make, were not talking abit of BHP, it can range up to 20bhp. At the end of day, its down to personal opinion. I know for a fact i would much rather have a fast car over a snow plow. Some kits are nice, but when you say you would rather have attention for having a bodykit, when i see a kitted car, i turn around and look thinking, wtf is that. Therefore attention for the wrong reason. Personally, i feel i would much rather spend £500 on a well designed bit of engineering, rather than a lump of plastic, butchered together in Japan, or China, with the total cost equating to £10.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
yeah but if its simple enough like wheels and a back box and you buy an inlet for it then its going to look ok but it will be **** quick where as a full on bodykit makes the car look quicker then it is i think, for e.g. 1.2 bodykitted corsa goes by and most of the time its all looks an no go!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Also what people forget is some people prefer subtle styling and would regard wheels and a backbox as their styling done, and therefore the tuning is next on the lists.
It all depends on what you have planned for your car and in what order you want it.

I bought a Mantzel at the beginning of the year, but really wanted some new alloys, so I sold the Mantzel and ended up spending the cash, therefore leaving me with neither.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yeah thats all fair enough, I know how I want my car to look and I'd be happy, knowing it looks how I want it to, I guess performance tuning isn't high on my list because of my age, I'd get killed on insurance.....more than I'm being killed now! lol. Also I'd like to see proof that certain tuning parts increase power by X amount, all the figures seem optimistic to me thats all. If a part for £500 would guarantee a 20bhp increase I'd definitely look into it!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Each car reacts different to mods. It depends on a hell of a lot of factors, even down to how the car was run in from new.
10-20bhp is an estimate but is very common with an intake manifold due to the restrictiveness of the standard intake manifolds.
Best way of proof is a rolling road printout but that costs money.
It's manily trial and error with mosts mods.

A good example I can give is when I bought an exhaust manifold for mine, I heard varying stories of what they are like, some people claimed they did nothing, others claimed they did. It turned out to give my car a slight bit more pull but sounded rough as. So I took it off and sold it, ended up losing about £50 but I now have a better idea of what they offer.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
The thing is when i usually see a big body kitted hatchback, the htought that runs through my mind is chav and 1.2, and i know for a fact im not the only one that thinks that, people will look at the car, but for good a bad reasons

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I had one like that and yet I still think the same as you Clutch.
Some cars I do like, like 18CORSA's but it's very rare.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts