All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys sorry to post again, but like i said in my previous post im going to be replacing my lifters tomorrow and im just reading up on the haynes manual to be 100% sure i know what the crack is.. Only thing is... Reading the 'how to replace the tappets' part it says turn the crank pulley 60° anticlock wise, to ensure no pistons will be in the way when resitting the camshafts... Ok i get that part but the next step says ensure the timing marks are still aligned and no1piston is at topdead.. It doeant mention about returning the crank to its timmed mark? Can someone please explain what needs to be done.
Regards
P.s. if you have a haynes manual for 2001-2003 its in section 2B•9 - fig10

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Remind us which engine this is please.

In general though - if you move the crankshaft to ensure there's no piston to valve contact whilst you're refitting the camshafts then so long as you fit the camshafts, then turn them to the no1 TDC position, then return the crankshaft (in the reverse direction you moved it beforehand - ie don't go round a full cycle, come back to TDC) - then you'll have the pistons and valves in sync.

Sorry - don't have that manual to check what they say there.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks taurus, yeah i forgot to put that, its a z14xe. But yeah thats what i thought but it was just how it was worded kind of confused me... Like haynes manuals do.
Cheers bud

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.