All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked me car outside 2nite like normal, and some little daft c*** went and kicked my mirror off. luckily after a bit of fiddilin I manged to get it back in but I am just waiting for it to happen again. Thing is a no everyone near enough round my area so no one would do it, but the little pikey kids living on my street keep giving us grief so I no fine well its them just need to catch them now :mad: .

·
Registered
65 Posts
i know how ya feel m8! sorry but i lost it with 1 guy and had a blade to his neck and he told me it was somebody else and they were all pointing fingers at each other. best idea..get a clifford m8

·
Registered
393 Posts
similar story here mate, the kids have no respect, theyre forever letting my tyres down or scratching my car, usually after ive just cleaned or washed the bloody thing!

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thing is I wouldnt mind respraying my car but I know fine well if I did it would be keyed a day later. They went up my street before and keyed near enough every car on the street, apart from other gypsys cars. Loads of people were meant to of got the police involved but nout happened like normal.

·
Registered
497 Posts
It seems everyones car is getting broken into recently :(. A lot of people around here (including me) have had their dustcaps nicked. I know its nothing huge but thats not the point, they shouldn't do it, and also I'd like to know WHY they do it. We know who it is, but theres no way of proving it unless they are seen. Although to be fair we havn't had anything as bad as kicking mirrors off or anything, my old car got scratched 3 or 4 times (never found out who that was) but this car hasn't had any damage done to it. I'm guessing the little red flashing LED's inside the car might have had some kind of deterring effect :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
65 Posts
It seems everyones car is getting broken into recently :(. A lot of people around here (including me) have had their dustcaps nicked. I know its nothing huge but thats not the point, they shouldn't do it, and also I'd like to know WHY they do it. We know who it is, but theres no way of proving it unless they are seen. Although to be fair we havn't had anything as bad as kicking mirrors off or anything, my old car got scratched 3 or 4 times (never found out who that was) but this car hasn't had any damage done to it. I'm guessing the little red flashing LED's inside the car might have had some kind of deterring effect :thumbs_up:
thats wat i thought m8 but i had my old BEAUTIFUL car scratched to bits and the mirror pulled off wi 2 red LEDs on. my areas full of c**ts. i tried to get a garage but the council are twats!!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It does seem as though it's the season for damaging people's cars. My car got scratched along the boot by some little scruffbag with a rock last week. It's a right deep scratch aswell.
Took it to garage, got an estimate and delivered the quote to the parents of him.
Just waiting for them to cash their giro or whatever the tramps are doing.

·
Registered
497 Posts
They are agreeing to pay for it then? Usually they try and wriggle out of it, "Our child would never do that......." lol. The good thing about the kids round here is that they are only about 14 - 15, so hopefully they don't understand much, they see flashing lights inside the car and they have seen me lock and set the alarm as I'm walking away so they know it's alarmed. Realistically, if someone were to scratch it I don't think the alarm would go off, but I'm hoping the kids don't know that :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I am thinking of maybe just putting some flashing leds in until I can afford an alarm, might just stop them taking the chance.

·
Registered
393 Posts
its a bloody shame its totally illegal to wire the ignition coil to the chassis and door handles, 20kV should send the little gits screaming....

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
They are agreeing to pay for it then? Usually they try and wriggle out of it, "Our child would never do that......." lol. The good thing about the kids round here is that they are only about 14 - 15, so hopefully they don't understand much, they see flashing lights inside the car and they have seen me lock and set the alarm as I'm walking away so they know it's alarmed. Realistically, if someone were to scratch it I don't think the alarm would go off, but I'm hoping the kids don't know that :thumbs_up:
Yep they agreed to pay for it wierdly enough which makes a nice change.
The young one ended up confessing in the end, after keeping up his false story for 2 days.

On my old corsa I had the clifford proximity turned right up so if it even rained my car would beep like mad, the kids thought it was great and chucked a brick at my car to get it to beep.
Left me with a nice big dent in the wing. Again their parents agreed to pay for it but my paint was a bit fancy so matching it would've cost too much, so I left it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't know about power voltages and the human body etc, would that kill them? If not then in theory there's no reason why you couldn't lol. Hey there's an idea, some kind of electric handle, that works on a similar principle to an electric fence! :D

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well in south africa (I think it is anyway) they have flame thrower coming out side of their cars to stop people trying to break in to them I will try find a link.

·
Registered
393 Posts
20kV shouldn't kill them (unless they have a heart condition or something) but its seriously illegal, they coppers will throw the book at you spine-first, which is why i havent done it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I guess thats the problem, someone could accidentally and harmlessly brush past the car and get a nasty shock, and if they do have some condition you'd be the one that suffers. It's like you can't do anything to protect yourself without worrying about getting into trouble yourself. Those flamethrowers look well smart! :D

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yer but someone could disfigure someone with there car if they wanted to so..

1 - 20 of 52 Posts