All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im pretty new to the corsa scene, been working with BMWs and Evos etc and fancied something bit different, so gone for the redtop corsa conversion, grabbed myself a 1999 corsa 1.0 12v corsa with a knacked engine at only 58k!! Main things i need to know really is brake conversion: will i be able to fit calibra v6 brakes on the lil corsa and also the rear brakes off a calibra v6? Only that its easier really to get a full set of grooved discs for a calibra than an old cavvy gsi, also any advice on the engine conversion would help massively as all i can find is advice about changing to redtop from 1.4's and 8 valvers not 1.0 12v's, thanks to all who look and look forward to chatting with you all soon :)

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
yeah the cali v6 brakes will fit the front, many people have done it, one of which will be me at some point, not too sure on the back brakes, i know it is possible to convert the rear drum to discs and i believe there is a lot of work involved to which extent i dont know, i'm sure there will be someone who knows a little more about it than me :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea that's what i was thinking about the loom, not sure what to do there, i have the car in my garage so time and space is not a problem, just an impatient adrenaline junkie wanting to drive it ha-ha

·
Registered
159 Posts
if you're doing your first conversion and you want some pointers, pm me and i'll send you my other halfs number for you to ring, hes been doing engine conversions for years, hes been in this months total vauxhall (if you read it) and hes building a 4x4 nova turbo too, one thing i will say though is that with your corsa being a later corsa, you will have trouble with the clocks and the speedo drive, it will be set up for electronic pick up but if you're planning on putting a f20 on it, you will need a set of clocks that are off an earlier corsa so they're mechanical pick up

edit - v6 brakes, you will need to consider your alloy wheel options, 15 inch are a very very very tight fit with v6 brakes

·
Registered
658 Posts
rear brakes you can get a kit from lmfvauxhall but the drums are plenty capable off coping v6 brakes you may find spongie they are on my v6 corsa the 1.0 is harder to wire but theres a guy on corsasport called twag he sells plugs that makes wiring easy buy simply plugging and playing sure there 30quid odd speedo wise f16 f18 and f20 boxes are all good you can use the speedo from a gte if your running electric clocks or just buy cable driven clocks and run a cable

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
you will have trouble with the clocks and the speedo drive, it will be set up for electronic pick up but if you're planning on putting a f20 on it, you will need a set of clocks that are off an earlier corsa so they're mechanical pick up
no trouble at all, all you need to do is fit a electric sender/drive to the box instead of the mechanical one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.