All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi people.

Got a bit of a small problem with the radio.

It's showing "safe" where the time is displayed. The car has got a CDR 2005 radio. I dont have the code. Any one know or have any thoughts on how to get back to the securty code at all?

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
call a garage they normally know a local person who knows how to access the codes

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Checked vehicle documentation?

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
remove the radio? sometimes its on a sticker on the top of it.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Pop the pins in and them give them a whack with your hand, they'll stick eventually.
You can get the codes online, but you have to pay a fee. You're going to need to get it out to find the model number still.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
May be wrong.

Few cars the standard stereo is also bolted in at the back, not sure if it is with corsa

·
Registered
398 Posts

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I meant actual cage itself.

Try some flat screwdrivers down the sides while pulling he tape deck

·
Registered
398 Posts
How could the cage be bolted to the back of the unit? Thatt'd block the ports? The cage could only be bolted in from either side, which would be useless as their's no access to that part.

Cage isn't bolted in as far as I'm aware, it's just literally that the pins can be a bit of a kerfuffle to get them in and lock them into position, hence the OP is having issues keeping the pins in and they are pulling out without fetching the radio forward. I think that's the issue here mate, I've had the same problem myself before.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I said on some cars it is, wasn't sure about corsa, that's why I said wasn't sure.

Some models stereo comes out then you unbolt cage, I me turned screwdrivers as they have alot more movement and force than removing keys, and I've taken a few out using them rather than keys. Just putig ideas across

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.