All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got brought a corsa 2002 reg 1.0 life. Need to change front passenger tyre due to damage but then discovered it has locking wheel nuts which we have no key for as its second hand, went to halfords to see if they could help me they said the nuts have spinners on them (no idea what they are) and that they dont have anything to help me or that would work. They couldnt recommend anywhere/anything either :palm: Im now stuck on what to do or how to get them off? Does anyone have any ideas? Would be very grateful of any ideas. Thank you :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
can you get up a pic? sometimes getting a socket thats a tad smaller then hitting it on to slacken it may help but that's dependent on the nut itself otherwise go to a local breakers to see if they might have one for it

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
There are tools to remove these things, but since the whole point of locking wheel nuts is prevent theft it's not something to go into in detail on a public forum.

I'd take it to a reputable local independent workshop who will be able to remove them for you, or try a mobile mechanic.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
There's no point banging smaller socket on, as they are spinners. It mAnrs the outside moves but actual middle piece stays still.

Local mechanic, or contact last owner, or check through car.

Also bought not brought

Reactions: Lee

·
Banned
885 Posts
As Vegas says, it may pay to have a good look round the car for a 'hidden' key - Glove box; spare wheel compartment; under a seat etc.
Regards.

·
Registered
23 Posts
If they are genuine Vauxhall lockers take it to them. They will have the whole collection of them and be able to remove them for you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
you should still be able to hammer a socket over it.. ive had a set of spinners that i removed this way.. i used the imperial (i think it is) sockets.. 7/32 type etc.. hammer it enough the spinning bit breaks.

yea they are there to stop you taking the wheels quickly by a thief but being your own car you can hammer the sh1t out of it to get it off lol

or get it drilled and use an easyout

or undo the other 3 bolts and rock the car and it will snap,, but you do that at your own risk lol

·
Registered
23 Posts
Or take it vauxhall who will have the key to remove it (if they are vauxhall nuts) and tepl them to remove the rest of them at the same time. Lol

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
i lost my locking wheel nut key took it to a tyre place i go to alot, and he took the bolts out for free for me. few weeks later i found the bloody key!
i dont use them anymore. what if it broke on the side of the motor way or if you had lost it then, you'd be buggered.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts