All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello there all.
i think im posting this in the right part anyways here goes......
ive just brought a corsa 1.2 club that has got an engine problem,timing belt issue i belive,so i was gona fix it or get a new block in there,anyways,i had to pick the car up from down the road and the battery was dead so we decided to push start it,turned the ignition to switch 2 and clutch in etc.
didnt start the car, so when we now parked the car on my drive the dashboard thehandbrake light flashed and all the dashboard lights went off, they dont come on but the front lights,speedo,clock backlights do?

ok i know what ur gonna say,smack the dash,or chech the connection,but this is where it is different,when i release the handbrake down the breaking(handbrake) symbol starts to flash!!!!????so if it was the loose connection non would come on would they?

can u help???:thumbs_up:

thank you.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
1. have you fitted a new battery?
2. if so are the terminals tight?
3. all fuses ok?
4. dont text type, thanks.

Reactions: saq270987

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Had a few Vectras that do this if the battery is low voltage.

Why? No idea - the sparky stuff is best left to those that understand dark and mysterious forces.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Strange, I'll check some wiring diagrams later, but the handbrake lead, as far as I am aware is just a earth switch.....saying that, the hadbrake light comes on with ignition regardless if handbrake is applied or not....hmmm...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
update

i tried to jump start it with another car but no luck,then i connected the jump leads straight to the terminals,but still no luck.have not checked the fuses yet,due to weather and work.i seriously am trying not to write in txt,but my mind just slips up at times!sorry people.
thanks for the advice,i will try and get a voltage test done on the battery and see waht happens?:thumbs_up:

thanks.

ps is there an easier way of getting on to the threads i have commented on?:eek:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Strange, I'll check some wiring diagrams later, but the handbrake lead, as far as I am aware is just a earth switch.....saying that, the hadbrake light comes on with ignition regardless if handbrake is applied or not....hmmm...
the handbrake light comes on when i on the ignition to second click and when the handbrake is down.

sorry i wasnt clear in my earlier post.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
fit a NEW battery.....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts