All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys

Need some info for a guy at work.

His daughter has a Corsa, but I'm not sure the exact model (I think it's something like a 1.4 SXi or summat).

It's on a 99 T and it has a problem when it get to around 3000rpm.

It just loses power when driving. It's alright sitting in neutral, it'll go past 3000rpm OK.

He's had a guy come out and look at it who hooked it up to his laptop and told him it was either :

1. Oxygen sensor
2. Idle valve/sensor

Please forgive me if these are not he exact descriptions as I'm just going by what he told me his 'guy' told him.

Anyway, these parts were replaced with genuine parts and he told me he's already spent £400 on the car (parts/labour/diagnostics).

Guess what?? No difference.

So any ideas guys?

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Hi Guys

Need some info for a guy at work.

His daughter has a Corsa, but I'm not sure the exact model (I think it's something like a 1.4 SXi or summat).

It's on a 99 T and it has a problem when it get to around 3000rpm.

It just loses power when driving. It's alright sitting in neutral, it'll go past 3000rpm OK.

He's had a guy come out and look at it who hooked it up to his laptop and told him it was either :

1. Oxygen sensor
2. Idle valve/sensor

Please forgive me if these are not he exact descriptions as I'm just going by what he told me his 'guy' told him.

Anyway, these parts were replaced with genuine parts and he told me he's already spent £400 on the car (parts/labour/diagnostics).

Guess what?? No difference.

So any ideas guys?

Cheers.
Could also be the Air Mass Flow Meter. when it holds back does the engine management light come on? I would try replacing that next as I'm sure the SXI has one and before I replaced mine I would loose power at around the 3000rpm range.

·
Registered
611 Posts
my car does this sometimes when its cold... give the car a good thrash up the gears for a few miles... obviously staying within the speed limits. wont do any harm and might clear out whatevers wrong. works for my car when it happens every so often. works fine after a good thrash up to 2nd gear, foot to the floor, changing just before the limiter kicks in. works wonders :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Could also be the Air Mass Flow Meter.
He ended up taking it to the local Vauxhall dealer and that's what it was, Mass airflow meter or summat.

They've told him it'll cost £350 to replace the necessary parts. This is on top of the £400 quid spent on the other 'Faulty' components/dignostics.

To say he's a bit p!$$ed off is a bit of an understatement.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
He ended up taking it to the local Vauxhall dealer and that's what it was, Mass airflow meter or summat.

They've told him it'll cost £350 to replace the necessary parts. This is on top of the £400 quid spent on the other 'Faulty' components/dignostics.

To say he's a bit p!$$ed off is a bit of an understatement.

Thanks guys!
Sorry mate but £350 for a air mass meter is a huge massive rip off to say the least. If you go direct to vauxhall they charge around the £150 mark I think or can get a copy from ebay for around the £30 mark. Fitting takes all of 5 minutes aswell so unless theres something else that is damaged I would advise you be careful.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts