All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's blustery and rainy as hell down my end of the country and I expect it's the same elsewhere but I managed to get a pic of the car lowered; was going to leave the lowering until today so glad I did it yesterday....not the best conditions but far worse today:

For comparison:

Not the best shot in the world but it's chaos on the roads today so I'm leaving her parked up, it's the best I can do for now. It's only 40mm and I wanted it that way....looks and feels a LOT better although I may need the tracking done again.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New rims.....nah, I'm the only Corsa owner with TSW Limits and I intend to keep it that way ;)

Mudflaps on rear, front splitter (which my brother accidentally got rid of....Vauxhall it is then) and getting the rear strut brace fitted is all I've got planned for now. Once the weather gets better I'll get some more shots, that one really doesn't do it any justice at all.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In that shot they look weak, but they're original and people that have seen them IRL love them....as I say once I get the car washed and the weather is better I'll find a nice spot for the updated feature pics.

Why didn't I fit the rear strut brace I hear you ask? Well.....I didn't have the right tool to be able to.....awkward to fit.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
REeal nice mate, where u get those side repeaters from?

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
REeal nice mate, where u get those side repeaters from?
They happened by accident :laugh: They were smoked black but they looked too much so I rubbed them with thinners to get the acrylic/lacquer off them and it just so turned out they were blue....goes nice with the sunstrip so I left them. Was going to get the Astra smoked side repeaters but everyone is doing that these days.

I'm trying to keep my car clear of all the 'run of the mill' mods like 60mm drop, Speedlines, side repeaters, GSi bumper etc etc. So far the only mods I have done that are run of the mill I guess is the front strut brace (got the rear just needs fitting). That's a performance mod that really has made a great difference to the handling...a LOT tighter.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Tis always important to have the right tool ;)
:laugh: Cheeky gal! ;)

I'll try and explain what made it awkward...basically the rear strut brace has a cylinder each side. You need a socket to get in to tighten the nut, but you need to be able to secure the centre pin on the shock itself. It's pretty tough to get it on. Might take it somewhere for it to be done tbh....

·
Banned
521 Posts
Looks good mate, i didnt manage to get mine done due to adverse weather conditions. Rain and snow etc, so i left it and went home. And as soon as i got in the door it became sunny again:mad:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Type 'click me', then highlight it and insert a hyperlink.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As Lee said....essentially what you do is type [*url=http://www.msn.co.uk] TYPE WHATEVER HERE [/url*]

* these are for illustration, do not use anything there. The bracket should be next to the u at the start and the l at the end.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts