All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got it lowered! What a pain to fit, after putting two dents in my car, there finally on and set up. Guess it was all worth it, gives a harsh ride, but handles great!

Heres some quick pictures:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea, i havent had a full car, it was stripped out untill i put interior back in today, and will be re striped again next week. Its not lower enough tbh, might have to remove the spring platforms.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Is that fully lowered at the back then or is there still some more to go? Personally I'd say lower it a bit more if you can. Still looks realy nice though.
A good clean example.
How and where did you manage to dent it?

·
Registered
801 Posts
Looks good mate! Loving those wheels, but can't help the back end needs another 10/20m!
Maybe camera angle?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats fully lowered, i was expecting it to be much lower! The front still has so much more to go! Oh well, ill wait to see if it lowers, as the springs settle abit.
When i was tighting the coilovers, i pushed down on the wing abit hard, and dented the front drivers wing. Getting it repaired over the next few weeks. The camera angle makes it look slighty higher in that picture, but i would still like it to be 10/20mm lower.

·
Registered
801 Posts
and dented the front drivers wing
If you can unclip that silly plastic trim thats under the wing, you should be able to roll that dent out quite easily. Thats providing the plastic clips don't snap!! Either that or drill a tiny hole in the middle of the dent, get a bit of metal rod (must be quite sturdy) bend it in and pull the dent out, fill it over and touch it back in.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If you can unclip that silly plastic trim thats under the wing, you should be able to roll that dent out quite easily. Thats providing the plastic clips don't snap!! Either that or drill a tiny hole in the middle of the dent, get a bit of metal rod (must be quite sturdy) bend it in and pull the dent out, fill it over and touch it back in.
Tried to take a dent out in my last car. Ended up with several! There is a small mark on the wing anyway, and i was looking for an excuse to get it done, and as the dent is on that particual wing, ill get it done professionaly. Had a quote of £95, go to the bloke for all my work, as he's a friend of my dad, does a good job. Says he will need to blend it into the door to get the colour right again, this is why i chose to leave it to the pros :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Thats fully lowered, i was expecting it to be much lower! The front still has so much more to go! Oh well, ill wait to see if it lowers, as the springs settle abit.
When i was tighting the coilovers, i pushed down on the wing abit hard, and dented the front drivers wing. Getting it repaired over the next few weeks. The camera angle makes it look slighty higher in that picture, but i would still like it to be 10/20mm lower.
Mines only halfway down and it seems a lot lower than yours.
Did you take the old spring seat out from your rear beam (it's just like a little meatl ring)? I took mine out so the base of the rear springs sits really nice and flush.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tbh, i dont think i did. Is the spring seat on your fk's, seat very flat on the rear beam? Ill go have a look now

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
No it's sort of like a correded ring which sits on the rear beam spring seat at either side. If you don't remember taking it off then you probably haven't. Just get a screwdriver and a hammer and tap at the base of the seating on the axle and it should come away. Removing this makes the fk's sit a lot better and will probably give you a few more mm lowering.
Eitherway it definately needs removing or your rear springs won't be safe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah i have just had a look, its still on there, looks like it may give me another 10mm, by removing it. Ill try to get round to doing it today.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Thats the one, the base of the fk should sit flush onto the axle.
Let me know how you get on.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I found them fairly easy, just a tad time consuming.
I have a guide somewhere on how to fit them. I'll get it posted up once I get hold of a scanner.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Like Lee said, easy to fit, just setting them up is difficult. You can fit the front coilovers between 1-2 hours, just setting them up etc.

Wheels are 15inch. Im not sure excatly how much the front is lowered by, maybe 70mm.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts