All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allo People i was wondering how much work would have to be done when lowering a corsa b on corsa d (optional wheels). I want to lower the car about 40mm but how much work would have to be done to the arches. Ive seen a corsa b on the corsa d wheels at pv show and like awsome. If any one knows how much or how little work has to be done could you help me out please lol
cheers joe :)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
It depends on what offset the wheels are, corsa offset is +49 sticking to that as close as possible will see you fine and you could get away without modding the arches. Do you know what offset those D wheels are?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a clue yet. Im havin them off me bros corsa d. I will ask him or have a look in the owners book. Do u reakon 40 mm will b sutible enough ???. Also do u no a good set ov springs for the corsa b ??

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
40mm should be fine :thumbs_up: being Vauxhall rims the offset shouldnt differ to much, although the car will still look pretty high as its on 17's. OMP, Eibach, spax, Apex, jamex, gmax are all decent makes for springs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry i didnt write back earlier i was at work and gym !!!! lol. Well do you think i should go for smaller vauxhall wheels ????. Thanks for the brand names mate but do you no anywhere that i can get them cheaper ???? Because i have only just passed and dont want to spend mega bucks !!!! lol :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Ebay is always the best option for cheap stuff.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I look on there alot but their eva used or god dam expensive lol. I wouldnt mind sum euro rims to but there expensive n all. I fort ronal turbos were goin 2 be £300 - £400 but after lookin i gave up because they were £500 - £600 lol. Also is it hard to fit the springs ???

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
If you've not done any suspension work before then yeah they will be difficult. For the moderate home mechanic they are easy.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im a agricultural engineer lol but tractors dont have suspension but il find out how 2 do them. i think im gunna go 2 r-tec and get them done acctually i dont wanna mess it up lol but they charge to much and dont even do the tarckin n stuff. ooo i think il make me mind up wen i got everything lol cheers for the advise. Im startin to swing towards softstars now i really like them u no where i could get a set ? :thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
LMF vauxhall do them really cheap last time I checked.
http://www.lmfvauxhall.co.uk/store/home.php?cat=1325
£247 without tyres which is a bargain.

If you have the tools and want to have a crack at the suspension yourself, give it a go. We're always here to help and tbh it's really not that difficult.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts