All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about lowing my car, ill be putting 16 or 17" alloys on my corsa was just wondering what mm i should get and what do i need? obviously springs but what else?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
make sure your wheels are about et 49.you can just get springs but id get dampers as well.not sure how low you could go with 17" tho.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
get 16's mate, this kid goes round my area with 17's looks horrid. springs an defo shocks!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
The key is to find wheels with the right offset like jim said, ET49 is spot on, you got a choice of about 30-60mm, you can buy 30, 40mm springs and just go on them, but it will give you a bouncy ride. If you go for 60mm you will need shortened shocks, so buy a full suspension kit, if you want to go lower than that say 80mm+ you will need adjustable coilovers, but i doubt very much you could go that low on 17s.

Apart from the actual suspension parts, all you will need is socket set, spanners, axle stands, tea and biscuits and about a day to do it.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
et45-49 will be fine for 17's. 40mm is a safe bet, 60mm if you're lucky.

You will definately need both uprated shocks and springs. The best option is to buy a sports suspension kit. You can buy them for between £150-200 and they contain everything you will need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts