All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so once i get some alloys im planning on lowering my car.
So i will admit this is my first car and i am a noob to this.

How would one go about lowering there car? And what parts other than springs would i need?
I may end up just getting the parts and taking it to the garage to do for me but i thought id ask just incase i feel like doing it myself (trying to learn as much as i can here)

·
Registered
684 Posts
There's tutorials on here for changing the springs on the front which shows you exactly everything you need to do. Not sure about the rear though but its easy enough.

A jack each side on the rear, loosen top mounts behind covers in the boot, (need moll grips and a 17mm spanner I think) loosen both sides, get under the car and loosen the one bolt on the bottom of each strut, jack up both sides a little more till you have room to get the springs and shocks out.

Haynes Manuel's are really good for suspension and show you everything. Might want to get some new top mounts as you have everything off.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay so its just a case of replacing the springs on the shock absorbers... My main question here is what's the standard size spring on corsa (factory default?) and what size springs would you get to lower it on some 15's?

I don't want to completely slam it (i like being,able to go over speed bumps/pot holes without ruining the underside). But i do want it to be lower than it is now.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Google.com

Reactions: Rob

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah i found some looking pretty sweet..

So my plan is to get some uprated shocks. 60mm springs front and back and then get some 15" with some low profiles on.. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I think will look good.

You don't need permission before you do everything, it's hardly a fresh idea. If you've seen others at that height and you like it, then do it

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
personal preference but i prefer 40 section on them.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Awesome man.. Id say id take the shocks of you as well but i need to replace all four and want to have all 4 the same make so i get the same quality all round.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts