All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
going to get my car lowered in the next few weeks, its siting on 15s so would like to slam it. Dont know much about this topic so whats best to by and how much am i talking including labour.

cheers k

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
ok

youl need to tell the experts (not me lol)
your wheel offset and budget.

if youve got a big budget how about sum coilovers for maximum slammage and if you dont like the height you can always get the amount of lowerage changed at another date

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
hey glad you made a thread about this cause my coilovers go on saturday and i wanted some advice on how much to lower mine? on 15's i would say easily 60mm and i would def save for coilovers! best way

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Dearing, get the Garage to put it as low as they can without it rubbing.

K3V, you'll have to find out what the offset of your wheels are and your budget before we can give you much more advice.

·
Banned
521 Posts
going to get my car lowered in the next few weeks, its siting on 15s so would like to slam it. Dont know much about this topic so whats best to by and how much am i talking including labour.

cheers k
Im fitting my springs tommorrow (40mm gmax) paid £40 for them. Depending on your budget you would be best getting coilovers, i didntget these as i couldnt afford them. There upwards of £250. For between £150 and £250 you can get a good set of shocks and springs. And you can get a good set of springs if your budget is lower than £100.

Lemme know if you get a set and i can fit them for you at a reasonable price

:thumbs_up:
M.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Im fitting my springs tommorrow (40mm gmax) paid £40 for them. Depending on your budget you would be best getting coilovers, i didntget these as i couldnt afford them. There upwards of £250. For between £150 and £250 you can get a good set of shocks and springs. And you can get a good set of springs if your budget is lower than £100.

Lemme know if you get a set and i can fit them for you at a reasonable price

:thumbs_up:
M.
Are you gonna post pics up once you've lowered it?

What size alloys you lowering it on?

·
Registered
585 Posts
mark330d said:
Im fitting my springs tommorrow
So am I mate :laugh: Got my Streetline shocks and springs from Evo-R going on tomorrow morning plus front and rear strut braces :thumbs_up:

·
Banned
521 Posts
of course there shall be pics, im a pick whore. Its going down 40mm on the standard 3spoke 14inch alloys. Hopefully my vectra interior door handles will arrive aswell. And tomorrow ill hopefully get a coat of laquer on my boot handle.

£100 to fit suspension is a rip off. I only charge £30 to fit coilovers

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
lol you ever fitted coliovers lol i bet you havent mark cause theres lots more to it then you think, kev i can do new 40mm springs for £40 and a little bit more for 60mm, thats gmax if there any good im in glasgow

d

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I can fit a full suspension setup in less than an hour. With the help of my bro, we've got it down to a right art form.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
i like the simple kits you knopw 40mm springs and shocks etc, lob on some top mounts and away you go all that, ive got avo coilovers and i hated setting them up, all my mates have coilovers and have lost the key to adjust them, im the only one with a key and end up doing the jobs and having to make sure the cars straight and level can be fun

d

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
ive got one but its not been fitted yet, ive ordered new coilovers from avo but this kits coming with higher poundage springs, my mates got a site the standard ones are arround £300 and thats height and dampening adjustable, cause i want proper springs cause of the xe its costing me £433 for mine but id say there worth it, the old ones are great but i think nice new ones with the better springs should make a good difference

d

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
of course there shall be pics, im a pick whore. Its going down 40mm on the standard 3spoke 14inch alloys. Hopefully my vectra interior door handles will arrive aswell. And tomorrow ill hopefully get a coat of laquer on my boot handle.

£100 to fit suspension is a rip off. I only charge £30 to fit coilovers
25 a corner is cheap mate for a garage your 16 you have a lot to learn! fitting coilovers isnt like buttering toast, other things come into it as davie said!

·
Banned
521 Posts
Ive never struggled too much with anything. A bit of determination goes a long way. Going to have a play about with the coilovers on the rover coupe in college tomoz.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Fitting coilovers is just as easy as a normal suspension kit, it's the setting up of them which takes the longest and is the hardest.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts