All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok ive found a 1994 (M reg) Corsa LS TD for sale, its done 74,000 miles and is red with full colour coded bumpers and arches, 1500cc engine, it for sale for £650, think i can knock him down to about £600.

Was just wondering if anyone has one, or has had one and if there nice cars to drive, ive got a 1.2 Corsa at the moment and for the price thought it might be a nice step up.

Whats everyone think?

·
Registered
408 Posts
is it the gm lump or the isuzu lump? if its the isuzu turbo lump then whap the boost up an it makes a good improvement. Although anything is an improvement over a 1.2 8v corsa, they are slower than a week in the jail.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I don't think anything is wrong with a gm engine, but apparently some of the diesels have an Isuzu engine, and from what Mark just said, with those engines you can up the turbo boost, which should give a nice increase in power. Although even without the boost wound up it would still be an improvement over a 1.2 8v I think. You have the lower down torque of a diesel engine, plus they have more bhp too. Around 65bhp compared to 45bhp if I remember rightly?

·
Registered
389 Posts
i raced a 1.5td in my 1.2 only about a mile and it was slower than i thought it still won like but only by about a cars length get a 1.4petrol

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers for the info guys, im gonna see if i can get a test drive some time this week, just see what its like, plus see what engine it has in it.

The only reason im interested is becuase its cheap and no matter what its gonna be faster than my current 1.2 8v LOL

Was thinking, being a turbo, could you fit a dump valve on it?? :)

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah true, but it would make me laugh all the time, being a corsa with a dump valve LOL :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts