All Corsa Forum banner

M.o.t :-(

1K views 25 replies 9 participants last post by  Lee 
#1 ·
got ma m.o.t at 12.worried bout what it mite fail on.wish me luck!

#4 ·
well on the service, the problems were, head lamp clips which will be £10 each, pads and shoes 75% worn, discs and drums worn, weak sump :-s, and one tire cracking. Im not sure if the brakes will fail tho because they still stop the car well. what does the weak sump mean??will it fail the mot for it and how much will it cost.lol

#8 ·
What are the headlamp clips you talk of? £10 seems a bit excessive!

#19 ·
Errr yeah, what are they 24carat solid gold or something? I was down Vauxhall today getting shock bolts and 2 new clips myself funnily enough.....I paid £1 for the 2!

(and £9 for 9 bolts.....sigh)

#13 ·
'weak sump' is typical for an 8v, it means the sump is showing rust and / or the gasket is leaking (which is practically every 8v engine tbh). i wouldn't worry too much unless its seriously leaking, in which case the cork gasket is an absolute pain to get off because it welds itself to the engine block face.

#22 ·
I need to go purchase a headlight clip within the next week or so, my m.o.t. was booked in today for the 13th of february.
I get it done at vauxhall aswell who are really strict and really pricey so have to make sure it is spot on.

It failed on a rear numberplate light last year, which costs me £7 to fix.
They wouldn't let me take it off the premises to fix myself without paying for another m.o.t.

#26 ·
That's Vauxhall for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.