All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a vauxhall corsa 1.2 8v M-reg. When i start it its fine, then after 30 seconds or so it will start borping and if i touch the throttle it will die, if i rev hard it is fine but when the revs die down it cuts out. if i drive it every time i pull up at a junction and put the clutch in it will die, i can keep the revs on to stop this but this means stopping with my handbrake as i cant press my brake and accelerator and the clutch at the same time. if it dies then sometimes it takes 2 mins to start again sometimes it takes 30 mins. the problem is getting worse and i dont have a great deal of money. there is a little smoke and a strong smell of fuel. it has become very sluggish in every gear up to about 3000 rpm. any suggestions? I have changed the plugs and leads, i have put on a new fuel and air filter. no joy:(

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Souns like overfueling, when car is still less fuel is being burnt, and therefore not flooding engine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok, done the test, not bringing up anything just initiation codes. my EML has not been on before. a friend said because of the smell it was probably overfuelling. how can i sort this? i mayaswell try and sort all possibilities.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I think overfueling, would flood the plugs, so its loosing its spark. Say extra smoke, its it white smoke?

Or possible a split vacumn pipe?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Check your vacumn pipes, for any visible splits(could be hairline) also

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sorry as i said, not a great deal of knowledge on engines haha.. where arte the pipes? and if they are split would i need new ones or is there something i can do to seal them?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Just look in engine bay at all the pipes mate, you won't be able to se all of them, fron beginning to end, but be a start. Best of just getting new pipe from scrap yard, it will be penies, Hopefully it is a pipe

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
as far as i can see there is no splits on any pipes or the manifold or anything, there is a slight leak somewhere on the throttle body but cant see where its coming from

·
Registered
272 Posts
where abouts in scunny are you? It sounds to me like icv. That would explain the smell of fuel aswell. I used to have the same problem, swapped the icv and all was good again.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Overfueling with Pop back or flood itself out, huge stench of Fuel and bubbling on throttle.

Under fueling would just die out like a normal stall.

·
Registered
27 Posts
sounds to me like the distributor and rotor arm the the red cap the spark plug leads fit to take the cap pff and spray some wd40 at the arm and inside the cap not to much though and try that

1 - 20 of 20 Posts