All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I prefer standard Vauxhall tbh. I think M3 are old and overdone now. Just get your standard mirrors coourcoded, will make the world of difference.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
I actually really like the original mirrors as is, but then it depends if your colour coded your bumpers too i suppose

Hard to judge without seeing your car geeb, as what suits one may not suit another

·
Registered
670 Posts
tbh im not a fan,

i think they stand out and look odd on corsas, seen alot goin about here in hull shining in silver (chrome or woteva!) with nothing to match them, part from maybe the lexus lights they buy

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Just had a look at your car on another thread and if you left them black and just blackened or renewed your arches to match they would look really good i recon and quite subtle :)

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well i'm thinking about getting a bodykit for it - reiger or something similar - so bumpers would be colour coded so maybe I should just colour code the standard mirors. Could I do this myself or would it need to go into a bodyshop?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Bodyshop will do it fairly cheap.
They're only held on by 3 screws so it's just a case of taking them off and taking them to a bodyshop.
Or if you are good with spraying, they would be really easy to do yourself.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok if i decided to do it myself how would I go about get the same colour as my car? Also does anyone know any bodyshops in Aberdeen? I've looked in yellow pages but not to sure what i'm looking for eg would a repair centre do it or is it better to go to a bodyshop?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
They're both in essence the same thing although one will charge a lot more.
I'd highly recommend getting them to do it seeing as you don't really seem to be clued up on it all.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea well as I said i'm fairly new to all this and wouldn't trust myself lol so would def get a bodyshop to do it. what do u reckon roughly they would charge - also what is the official name of the burgandy on a corsa b

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Don't worry about them colour matching (they will take the colour code of your vin plate under the bonnet), best bet is to take your car in first, tell them what you want doing, get a quote then go to the next place and repeat the process untill you have a good price.
I've never had just the mirrors alone sprayed so I wouldn't be able to give you an accurate idea, although I'm sure one of the other members will.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
ok you got me there, but the only person who can make them look good is austin powers and he has toi go back a few years to do that :p

d

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well i know not all of you like M3 mirrors but i ordered some yesterday and got them this morning so have just been out and fitted them. Really happy with them and look good. My only concern before fitting them was that they would stick out more but there actually about 1-2 cm's shorter than the originals. Overall i'm happy with how it looks and may not be to everyones taste but gf is happy so i'm happy lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Looks good, that car's parked a bit close though.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea tell me about it its his driver side against ours so don't know how the person is gonna get into there car but will be checking ours 2moro for scrapes and damage

1 - 20 of 27 Posts