All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're do i locate my maf sensor on my corsa 1.0 2001 pics wud b gr8 and how do I go about cleaning it

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
We're do i locate my maf sensor on my corsa 1.0 2001 pics wud b gr8 and how do I go about cleaning it
If that were in English it would be easier to understand.

The MAF is in the air duct from the air cleaner to the throttle body - a few inches along the duct you'll see a T piece with an electrical connector on it, it looks like this:

As said on your other thread if you've been using a cone filter it's probably killed the MAF. Buy a genuine GM one, the cheap versions are unreliable.

You can try cleaning it, but bear in mind there are two kinds of sensor these things use and the type Vauxhall install are usually intolerant of cleaning. But if you think it's broken there's not much to lose - so you might as well give it a go.

Remove the MAF and spray it with carb cleaner, then allow it to thoroughly dry. If you reconnect it wet it will almost certainly die.

MAFs can be checked by simply disconnecting them. If the engine runs better with it disconnected then it's the MAF at fault.

Now since that's hopefully a helpful response please help us to give advice by making the forum easier to read and avoiding text talk. Thank you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts