All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of 6months (ish) ago, I get really loud pops through my speakers on my main PC when people in the house turn the kitchen lights on. Christ knows why.

But anyway, sometimes the popes are actually really loud, like loud enough for me to worry about the well being of the speakers (which aren't exactly cheap)

Anyone know of or recommend something to filter out whatever mains spike or doo-hicky is going on here?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Remove switches from kitchen

Reactions: Samo

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can't really, theres only a double socket this side of my room, and into that i have a surge protected 10 way strip. Which has all of my computer stuff in it. Guess i could run an extension lead just to temporary see if it fixes it though.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
is your PC and the kitchen on the same floor?

Usually (correct me if i;m wrong) the wiring loop for the electric plugs are different to the lights depending on your fusebox. I can ask my dad later as he is an electrician.

There should be some sort of a regulator or something about to sop the spikes though.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
i think i read ages ago that you can get a ground loop isolator but i think thats for cars to remove static noise. i had an issue when living at home that when the thermostat or heating would come on that it would cause my speakers to cut out momentarly not sure what it is? electrical noise on the line maybe?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.