All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was a hot day in london, and the marathon went ahead as usual..
however they didnt provide runners with enough water, so as the more unfit people at the back went to the first water station after about 7miles, there was no fluid for them..

due to this many people were taken hospital ill, and one person even died!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/6583677.stm

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
My condolences to the family of that person, however from reading that it does seem like there was enough water out. I suppose its just trying to organise where the water should be at.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
That is bad not having water left, for how long they have been doing the marathon they should of been able to organise it properly.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Cowboys!

·
Registered
163 Posts
no disrespect to any one but if your gunna run a marathon and know it the first thing you take with you is f*****g water!!! its a bit dumb not taking your own or even having someone around with you carrying extra water in a car or summat following the runner!!!! there are ways round it!

·
Registered
390 Posts
ye but even so its sensible for a professional runner or an amature to carry extra water with them its common sense
no one does that though

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
No one wants to carry water as it is extra weight, therefore why water stations are set up at points during the race. Isnt good how they run out of water.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You'd think with it being such a massive event that they wouldn't overlook the small matter of water.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Well it said the water stations had plenty, but plenty spread out not actually focusing on where most of the water is going to be needed. A simple way to do it would just be to take a estimate of how many people are running the event and then add, say 200 extra to that number and have that many bottles at each stop. If it isnt used I am sure they could find another use for it.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Well it said the water stations had plenty, but plenty spread out not actually focusing on where most of the water is going to be needed. A simple way to do it would just be to take a estimate of how many people are running the event and then add, say 200 extra to that number and have that many bottles at each stop. If it isnt used I am sure they could find another use for it.
i agree with that i do!!!!!:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts