All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i have just fitted a new mass air flow sensor to my car and is running better but still not right i brought a Bosch 1 i seen someone write on here before it took around 150mike before there car was running correctly again is this correct?

·
Registered
588 Posts
nope that's not true.....should run fine straight away..

if cars runs rough when idleing,,unplug maf and see if makes any difference could be faulty maf if problem was properly diagnosed

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Are all the basic service items in good condition?

Have you cleared any old fault codes? The new sensor ought to work fine straight away, but occasionally the ECU will allow old codes to muck things up. It shouldn't happen - but believe me - it does.

The other thing to check of course is the wiring connector and loom for the MAF. Make sure that isn't causing the problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I had the MAF on my corsa around 6 months ago. The only thing we did was clear/reset the ECU afterwards. Its also worth checking the carbon build up around the carb, as mine was heavily soiled. Give it a good clean, tighten everything up, reset the ECU, and you should be good to go mate :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry, i totally forgot to answer the bit about the spark plugs.:palm:

It could be worth checking them to be honest, just to be on the safe side, but i dont think that is a likely culprit. Let me know how you get on :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cheers for replys there was no elm light on in the first place but had all signs of maf so i changed it after people telling me on here that's what it would be so i out a genuine Bosch 1 on its a tad better but still not right from 20mph but picks back up at around 40mph like power just comes back in

·
Registered
16 Posts
This has been playing on my mind all afternoon, im trying to remember what finally solved mine :confused:

To be honest, the only things i would check at this stage is everything is done up tight, like the clamps around the MAF. Its also worth checking that the airbox lid is still on securely. I managed to snap the clips off of mine whilst changing the MAF.

I wouldn't have thought it was the spark plugs, because i think they would cause problems across the board.

Completely disconnect your battery over night, and reconnect in the morning. I heard that is the easiest way to reset the ECU

Any problems, PM me :)

·
Banned
885 Posts
As your problem seems to be lower down the rev range, it would pay to check for vacuum leaks - particularly on the hose that goes to the brake servo.
Regards.

·
Registered
70 Posts
How can I remove MAF on my 1L corsa B? There are some clips but I don't see the way I could declip the wiring connector.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
U dont have to in lip the wires the plastic bit which is connected to the wires clips off YouTube it if u get really stuck

·
Registered
70 Posts
U dont have to in lip the wires the plastic bit which is connected to the wires clips off YouTube it if u get really stuck
I don't see any B tutorials ou YouTube. There are only C ones.

Can you give me a link or a picture describing how to unclip it?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Beast1, I would get a picture but all of them are blocked at work.
Google 'Corsa b Maf' and click 'images' you will see that the maf is a tube (uses the two clips to hold it in place), then there is a connector, this simply clips into the wiring loom. It's just a case of uncliping the wires, undoing the metal clips, and removing the MAF.

Lg, you didn't touch the sensor inside the maf tubing when fitting it did you? i've heard this can affect the sensor readings.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts