All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, figured since I'm starting my new job soon and will have money to spend on the car at long last, I would start my project. First off...the car was an 18th birthday present, as was the insurance for it. I have, however, contributed £600 towards it's cost as the parents said it was more than they wanted to pay for my first car.

Here are the pics of the car taken the next day I got the car (as I got the car after coming home from work on a night time) Nothing done to it so far (apart from what previous owner had done)

Apart from obviously getting a cd player installed, my first mod was a set of alloy wheels. 17" Wolfrace Asia tec Katana's to be exact.

Looks like a 4x4 doesn't it! Now all I needed to do was get it lowered, but not by too much as I didn't think the arches could handle it. Decided to buy some 30mm lowering springs (Avo) Took my car to the garage and said 'basically, put the springs on with the alloys and see if there is any rubbing at all, if there is, put the standard Vauxhall alloys back on'.

Seemed fine, there was me in the front (driving obviously) and my four Vauxhall alloys on the back seats putting plenty of weight on the back springs. Was still fine for a few days until I started to hear noises coming from the back of the car when bumps/potholes were hit. This got worse and worse when I started to notice scrapes on the sides of the tyres...haven't actually took pics of this yet, just realised, will get some up soon.

(space for back wheel pics)

Since lowering there hasn't been any other mods except some door speakers. Here are some pics of the car as it stands at the moment.

Apologies for picture quality, they are all taken with my phone camera.

Onto my plans, which are fairly simple, flogging my current alloys and looking for some new ones...preferably 15"/16", I'm very open to suggestions. An exhaust, wanting nothing over the top here, something with a nice little rumble to it would suit me fine...again I'm open for suggestions. And finally since my car is only lowered by 30mm I plan on getting some proper coil overs for it as I'd want it lower.

Will update as soon as I find some alloys basically, as that's what is holding me back.

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Love it mate - especially all the irmscher bits on it.

Good move on ditching alloys - get a nice set of 15's and slam it. Go for a full colour code aswell - will look really smart.

Will be following this project with interest :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the comments mate.

About the color coding thing, what you can't see in the pictures is that after a while my car goes pinky from all the sun. When I wash the car it looks a bit better, but still a tad pinky, when I put a load of polish on it it looks really good.

Anyway yea...was thinking if I were to color code my bumpers that the body parts wouldn't match up.

My spoiler is seriously pinky too, you can't notice it too much in those pictures, but you can in person.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
just give it a good wash, t-cut, polish etc and keep on top of it. And if your worried about the colour match with doing a full colour code then put it to a bodyshop rather than do it yourself and they'll sort you out.

Also get a debadged grille - will make the front end look sweet as :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
just give it a good wash, t-cut, polish etc and keep on top of it. And if your worried about the colour match with doing a full colour code then put it to a bodyshop rather than do it yourself and they'll sort you out.

Also get a debadged grille - will make the front end look sweet as :thumbs_up:
Yea I'm just thinking about the winter time when it's raining most days and t-cutting/polishing will be a thing of the past :laugh: Well I've always had color coding in the back of my mind and still do, will be the last thing I do though I think. Might get some quotes from body shops soon though.

Ah yea that's another thing I left out, the grille...can you buy de-badged grilles already done ready to fit?

·
Registered
4,575 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sounds reasonable mate. Any recommendations? I seen in your project log that you have a magnex back box? That's about the sound I'm after really, nothing over the top.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Magnex, Sebring, Scorpion and possibly Sportex.

I haven't seen a scorpion oval backbox but guessing they do them - maybe a bit pricey though - not sure. Magnex isn't over the top which is why I like it and Sebring are a similar sound.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I see...where did you get your back box from mate? been looking around and they all seem £120+

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Lovely car, will look 10x better once colourcoded. Also, that front splitter and rear bumper are quite sought after so hold onto them.

Only thing I would personally do is to swap the sideskirts for gsi or steinmetz.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Lovely car, will look 10x better once colourcoded. Also, that front splitter and rear bumper are quite sought after so hold onto them.

Only thing I would personally do is to swap the sideskirts for gsi or steinmetz.
Cheers for the compliments.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Haha...was just about to post the exact same item! :laugh:

Yea you reckon that would be decent?

1 - 20 of 129 Posts