All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Just brought my first cars its a 1994, Vauxhall Corsa 1.4L, GLS, L Reg.

Planing on a few bits and pieces but first thing is to get my MFD working.

I got my Haynes manual out and took it off and the wire was not plugged in so I figure sorted turn the electrics on and nothing.

I have looked at the bulbs and they look fine to me. I am going to get some new ones in case but I'm sure that's not it.

What else could it be suggestions???

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
With the MFD displays the socket at the back sometimes comes loose - it's a common problem caused by the wire being pulled out the back of the MFD display. You could try soldering the socket back on to the circuit board, but 99% of the time it just comes loose again.
I picked a new one up off ebay for about £8. Check the bulbs in the back too. They might've blown.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys and gals:)

Well I'm gonna give the bulbs and fuse a try although it shouldn't be the fuse cause the radio and instrument panel works but then again the glove box light dosent I don't think.

If all that fails Im gonna be at the scrappy on Thursday so ill see if I can pick up one of those while I'm there. I think you could be right Lyds about the socket.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
If all that fails Im gonna be at the scrappy on Thursday so ill see if I can pick up one of those while I'm there. I think you could be right Lyds about the socket.
If the socket is loose it's most likely that :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yer I think its probably that I think someone unplugged it when the radio was fitted before I got the car and they busted it. although it don't feel particularly lose. Probably is now since once I plunged it in the first time I couldn't get it out again stubborn sod.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Must have been the socket picked up a new one at the scrappy and it works fine :) Only thing is can you get it to display the date constantly rather than turn off when the radio is in?:confused:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Must have been the socket picked up a new one at the scrappy and it works fine :) Only thing is can you get it to display the date constantly rather than turn off when the radio is in?:confused:
That's what normally happens mate. Happens with mine too, no way of getting round it.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Its because with the original head unit fitted it displays the station and things like that in the middle, so with an after market head unit fitted it cant display that so it just displays nothing, its annoying really :(

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yer I knew that was why but just wondered if there was anything you could do about it?

If you was to cut the cable that goes to the radio would that not show it as constantly being off and therefore show the date constantly?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If I can find out what wire it is I mite give it a go or see if I can stick a battery in one at the scarpy and try it there first:)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ooooo Which one. Here's me thinking I could have a break through! and you beat me to it. Tut would be nice :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts