All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I’m having a problem where my MFD fluctuates between 0 to -34 degrees where it then tends to settle. I replaced the temperature sensor behind the front bumper yesterday which worked again until this afternoon where it went back to playing up again.

Anyone know what could be the cause of this?

Dan :)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Possibly faulty wiring between the MFD and Temp sensor mate.
Yeah I'm assuming that could be the problem. Any idea where it is most likely to be?

Over the past week its been doing the same but with the additon of sometimes showing nothing, just --:-- and sometimes flashing a temperature at me for a minute or two. Anyone have any other ideas? it also seems to be right when i first turn the engine on for a minute or two.

Dan :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
I'l give AJ a PM, he has the wiring diagram for the MFD plug, so from there you can trace the wires back. Perhaps there is a dodgy connection on the socket thats soldered to the MFD.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Daniel119, I got the exact same problem mate but never done anything about it.
If it looks cold out my kitchen window, its cold, otherwise its not. If im cold in the car I put the heater on.

I dont want to think to myself 'Why am I so hot' then look at the MFD and
go 'Ahhh, because its 25c outside....right...that explains it'

If the sun is out, its warm, and thats good enough for me lol

I'll have a look at mine tonight mate, I got a spare temp sensor somewhere so i'll have a look at it all properly - im sure they are just simple 2 pin thermasistors.

I'll report back

Reactions: Daniel119

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
mines the same connection at the sensor is fine but i think its wires behind the mfd have deteriorated as mine has to be in right position or the power goes off then likes to flicker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.