All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have a 2001 Holden Barina here in Australia, equivalent of the Opel Corsa. 3 door. I recently purchased it fairly cheap in good nick, the problem with it however is that the gears seem to be out of alignment. Well, that's the best I can describe it as I don't think it's a clutch or gearbox issue as the guy may have thought.
So in essence, the gears seem out of alignment to the left, meaning moving the shifter to the left, up and down is 3rd and 4th. To get to 1st and 2nd you have to lift the collar which usually allows you to get to Reverse. This means reverse is ALMOST impossible to find.
Car is otherwise drive-able (?) no clunking or grinding of gears when put into gear or anything like that. Even with reverse, all seems fine.
Some people have said it may be a shifter problem but I don't know how, some worn bushings or something? I tried resetting the gear linkage using the orange spring loaded button method but that changed nothing so that must have been fine. I can't find any answers on google, any ideas??
:confused:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi, What has worked for me in the past is, loosen off the pinch bolt that clamps the gear lever to the linkage. From under the bonnet, put the box into reverse, if you keep the ignition on you can tell youv'e got reverse by the reversing lights. Put the gear lever into the reverse position then tighten up the pinch bolt.You might want somebody to hold the gear stick in place while this is done...Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts