All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Wonder if anyone knows why my Corsa starts to misfire after 10 miles of driving or so. It was doing it most of the time, but new plugs, HT leads, distributor cap and rotor arm improved it a lot. It now occasionally starts to misfire for a while and seems to be after driving for maybe 10 miles or so, then may clear itself again.

Help and advice appreciated!:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Check for moisture in the engine bay. Spray Damp start all over the engine & the distributor cap. Also maybe try using some injector cleaner. :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
611 Posts
if the new ignition parts helped, try using some petrol additive designed to clear and gunge out of the engine. could be that there's a heap of residue in the ignition chambers

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Thats if the dizzy actually has got damp, timing could be out, or perhaps crank sensor problem or something similar.

·
Registered
611 Posts
see... if there was a problem with moisture, the car would struggle to start and would be misfiring after it starts.

if its doing it after 10miles or so, would indicate its a problem with heat somewhere. i cant think what it is to be honest, but i'm fairly certain it isnt moisture affecting the ignition system, especially considering HT's, plugs etc are all new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts