All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

This is just going to be a random moan about my speakers. Basically, I went over to my mate's yesterday to see if I could improve my JBL speakers in any way. So.. i get down to taking my door trims off to reveal my speakers, & to my horror i see that my speakers are both split slightly! Because the speakers are so bulky, they have been constantly touching the grill while moving - this has therefore caused a slight gash in the flexible rubber area around the cone. I am well annoyed. Although it hasn't interfered with the sound quality, I am a bit disappointed.

Anyway, what I need to do is connect the tweeter wire up to the speaker to get the full range. Turns out I'm only getting mid range & bass at the moment. Driving me crackers.

Do you any of you know any loud sounding speakers that have a thin mounting measurement?

:thumbs_up: Cheers.

·
Registered
497 Posts
You won't gain anything by connecting the tweeter wire up to the speaker. Both wires carry the same signal. My comps are run off of just the wires that go to the speaker in the bottom of the door, the tweeter wires are left untouched, and trust me I AM getting treble ;)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Tut tut tut, why didnt you check them after you put on the door panel? You dont connect the tweeter to the speaker wire as you will blow them to sh*te, you connect them to the crossover, you do have a crossover right...?

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
497 Posts
I think she has standard tweeters, meaning they will have the capacitor connected directly to the back of them, so they shouldn't blow. She has coaxials as far as I know, meaning there isn't a seperate crossover. Lyds if the treble is too harsh why don't you reconnect the tweeters but turn the treble down on the head unit? That way you will get the treble but it won't be overpowering. Seems a bit confusing how you disconnected them because they were overpowering but you want more treble lol.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Tut tut tut, why didnt you check them after you put on the door panel? You dont connect the tweeter to the speaker wire as you will blow them to sh*te, you connect them to the crossover, you do have a crossover right...?

:rolleyes:
I want to connect the original tweeter wire to my speaker. I don't have a crossover. I have full range JBL's, but I'm not getting the full range! I disconnected my standard tweeters as they sounded way too much.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I think she has standard tweeters, meaning they will have the capacitor connected directly to the back of them, so they shouldn't blow. She has coaxials as far as I know, meaning there isn't a seperate crossover. Lyds if the treble is too harsh why don't you reconnect the tweeters but turn the treble down on the head unit? That way you will get the treble but it won't be overpowering. Seems a bit confusing how you disconnected them because they were overpowering but you want more treble lol.
You've got it! I did turn down the treble on my headunit, but I couldn't get it just right. I think i'm gonna change my JBL speakers, as I'm not really impressed with their quality. They sound too quiet.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Thats probably because the standard tweeters weren't designed to be used with aftermarket speakers. Sounds a bit confusing though, you should be getting the full range through your speakers with just the normal 2 wires connected to it. :confused: If you change your speakers get a set of components, they sound better and you get to have the tweeter higher up which improves the sound too. More work to wire up but it's all simple enough, just takes time. :) If you get components I'm sure you will think it was worth the time fitting them and wiring them up for the result you'll get ;)

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Amping your comps is the way forward!:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts