All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he guys,
im going to be chaning the lifters and rockers on my corsa 1.4 sri, and in the haynes manual it says that when you replace or renew the lifters, to lubricat or cover the contacting surface with molybdenum disulfide paste. now i work in ag machinery repairs and i have only ever heard of molybdenum disulfide grease.

all i want to know is whats the differance and can i use grease instead of paste? Or can i get away with using anything else or nothing at all?

regards

·
Registered
420 Posts
Thats brilliant mate cheers, another quick question? What does it do and how much should i put on?
It prevents the parts from grinding each other to bits before the engine gets oil circulated through it, but as Taurus said, smearing some oil on is also fine.

The moly grease on metal-to-metal parts is more important when a brand new engine gets fired up for the first time at the factory. With oil in the pan and nowhere else, some parts of the engine might not get full oil pressure for 10 seconds of idling, hence the grease to protect it until then.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.