All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey,

I just bought some of these pedals;

and Im not sure if they're going to fit! has anyone got some of these pedals fitted onto their corsa? if yes; how the hell did you do it (safely, and with full use of the pedal)

Cheers!

·
Registered
498 Posts
i cant see the pic, but with those pedals usually you have to remove the rubber from the pedals and then drill the metal pedal and screw the new pedal on top. i think you need 5cm between each pedal for safty reasons.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah, i think the pedals usually have backing plates which you drill and scree to the standard pedals then screw the momo pedal to the backing plate.

Usually look pretty good if done correctly :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got them on my corsa - fantastic pedals that look ace and provide more grip on the pedals
could you add me to MSN or just give me a brief rundown of how you put them on? did you drill through the pedal arm?

And the problem I have is that when I place the pedal on the top of the metal it rocks back and forwards a bit and the screw is on either side of this rocking motion, im afriad that if i tighten the screws then the pedal will snap.

Siamundo, could you give me a walkthrough on what you did or add me to MSN: [email protected]

cheers :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Gibbon:-

sure no worries.

the most important thing that you need is a metal working drill bit B&Q (0.5cm if i remember right, but check before purchase, this is because it takes forever and a day to drill the holes without one. Also try to get a spanner that will hold the bolt in place and stop it from moving as it can be very tricky to do if you use pliers like i did.

First thing to do is remove the rubber grip pads on the pedals.

Then place the new pedals where you want them to go and mark the holes with a tipex pen making sure that they don't conflict with the pedal arm. (this should fairly easy)

- On the gas pedal you'll only need to drill the bottom hole as once tightend up the gas pedal shouldn't slip or move -

clutch pedal is dead easy as it's flat, just drill the holes whilst avoiding the pedal arm and do up the bolts.

On the brake pedal again make sure you avoid the pedal arm, drill the holes and progressively tighten each bolt in turn, keeping the amounts fairly equal until the pedal stops rocking. This way the new pedal should sit firmly over the raised section and not rock.

The main thing with this is that if both bolts are equally tightened up it should remove any movement in the pedal.

I hope this helps mate

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think im just going to leave all of the rubbers on, reakon this will be ok?

the pedals are so much secure when the rubbers are on and the guy at MOMO seemed to think it'd be okay. You reakon this'll be alright?

·
Registered
28 Posts
i would have thought so but don't quote me on that, i took them off as i felt that i got more feeling through the pedals also it made the drilling easier as you can gauge the depth better - but you know each to their own

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
siamundo how is your accalerator drilled and screwed in? The pedal arm stops both screws from going in! Is there a way to attach the pedal without messing up the pedal arm?

·
Registered
28 Posts
all you need to do is position the new pedal lower down as there should be plenty of room on the plate for you to drill a hole and not come into conflict with the pedal arm.

Like i said earlier you only need to do the bottom screw as the plate is flat and a single screw should be sufficient to hold it in place

1 - 16 of 16 Posts