All Corsa Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not for a corsa, for the clio, but whats the word about mongoose stainless steel cat-back exhausts? as a make for quality and build etc etc?

looking into getting one for the clio, just wondered are they any good?

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
they are a really old company that have quite a good reputation, but when it comes to exhausts, all you need is it to be well built, sound good, stainless steel, and an easy fit; because there isn't much in it between the big manufacturers at present, unless you go for a custom made one. This is because they all have to meet British standard which means road legal. Most you can ever get from a cat back system on a standard engine corsa is 6bhp (the very most)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ah right, well this is fully stainless steel, and its gonna be easy to fit, im hoping it should sound good, but its not for a corsa its for a clio lol :laugh:

cheers tho:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
fair enough,wasnt really looking for a huge power gain, wanted summat that would last, be a little bit more sporty, and give a nice sound and look good :D

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They should supply that, not to be rude but how much are you paying for one? you could get one made by powerflow.
it should have been £180, but got it for £100 including delivery.

bit off subject but want a race on my 1/4 mile that i made up (straight road) by maccy d's next time your up here?
could do, just really need to get my thermostat and regulator replaced asap then see how the engine's running as its still running at high temperatures and dont want to risk putting any extra stress through it

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry cj, just say this in answer then will get back to topic,

im hoping that its just the thermostat and regulator switch that have been damaged and not kicking the fan in when supposed to and just generally regulating the temperature, if it still runs high once theyve been replaced, then its damage elsewhere to the engine, headgasket could be a possibilty, along with a whole load of other things.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
They should supply that, not to be rude but how much are you paying for one? you could get one made by powerflow.
supposed to have cost £180 but i got it for £100 including postage.

dont want one specifically made for it as the cost soars up and is pointless "over-spending" on the car as its old, and no point spending heap loads on it as there is no way i will ever get the cost back etc

well it arrived this morning, and tomorrow is going to be fitted onto the clio :D i so cant wait it looks gorgeous hehe

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.