All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a corsa sport that is currently has 60mm lowering springs. Think it still has standard shocks. At the moment the ride is very uncomftable, and bounces around alot. I know lowered cars behave this way but can anybody suggest a setup that will lower my car but maintain some of the comfort of the ride?

ps. im not wanting to spend a fortune!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yeah I've heard that by just fitting lowering springs on their own the ride quality is pretty bad and very bouncy, and I'm quite sure its potentially dangerous. Get a full suspension kit that includes the shocks as well, or if you want to keep your current springs, get shocks seperate, but make sure they are compatible with the springs you've got. Lowering with standard shocks is bad lol.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aye, the springs were on when i bought the car, i wouldnt of just put springs on.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Not suprised its uncomfortable ride, the MAX you can lower a corsa without getting shortened shock is 40mm, and your riding on 60mm lowering springs, its probably so uncomfortable because you riding on the bump stops. Getting a full shock set is highly recommended, not only will the ride quality improve, so will the handling

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Mine was the same as you described when I first bought it. I'd suggest matching your 60mm springs up with some uprated shocks, you will notice how much better it is.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yeah mate, even just a cheap setup is going to be better than what you have now, check ebay out:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts