All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, ive had my car (02 Corsa SXi) for a rough idea 6 months now and i thought it was my car BUT a girl in work has just bought the same car as the one i have but black and she asked me about this today:

When driving less than 60 the bass on say hardcore music sounds pretty good but once you reach 70 the bass seems to kinda get a bit funny like a base/buzz sound. Now my old shaped Corsa never did this, even with the standard sound system in it, does anyone know:
a. of who has one of these cars and has the same problems
b. why does it happen and
c. how can the problem be resolved?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The speakers are fine, when the car is neutral i can have it on full blast, but once you get to 70 thats it!

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
More speed = more vibration

more vibration = worse sound due to vibrations affecting speakers more

·
Registered
322 Posts
the standard corsa headunit has a bult in volume control which is linked to the speed pulse output from the ecu. I.e when you go faster, the stereo increases the volume to combat the noise from wind resistance and the noise from the tyres.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Upgrade the i.c.e and get some sound deadening:)

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Dur:laugh:
Well i had that in my old corsa, sub, speakers n that but i dunno if i want to put them in this one coz i might sell it next year!

·
Registered
322 Posts
the standard set up in the new corsas are pretty good, all you would need would be a new headunit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts