All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after getting a bit bored with the Mazda I decided it was time to get something new! It was also costing huge amounts in fuel and running in general so I thought if I was spending lots it may as well be on something special! My insurance is very nice (£800ish) on this car so gives me a bit to play with for upkeep.

I know people have been waiting for a long time for me to post about my new car, and I'm sorry it has taken this long but there have been a few issues along the way and I lead a pretty hectic life as it is. However here it is, the long awaited thread!

So travelled all the way to Northumberland for the car - about 400miles but no distance is too far for the right car in my opinion :)

Decided on a dark blue '96 16v, one of the bigger engines over 1549cc so tax is more than the Arden Corsa but it is a fair bit quicker.

16" alloys, leccy windows and air con, but no ABS or airbags or anything, just PAS.

It's got twin exhausts which I know a lot of people don't like but I think they suit it.

Remote central locking and an immobiliser/alarm system too, and the boot works on a popper.

CD changer in the boot and decent speakers all round, also has cool washer jets in the wiper arms.

Unfortunately I haven't had chance to take any pics myself yet, but have a few from the dealer.

Oh and it's certainly not another Corsa... ;)

1996 TVR Cerbera 4.2 V8

Pearl Blue

360bhp

0-60 4.2 seconds

0-100 8.9 seconds

Top speed 185mph

I have never driven another car like it and it's very likely I never will. It sounds, looks and feels stunning. The attention to detail is unbelievable and even the gimmicky touches are brilliant. I have never loved a car quite so much (except my Corsa!) and I'm still struggling to believe it's mine! I'm looking at slight improvements, including bigger wheels (£1500!!!) but to be honest it will probably stay as it is - pretty much perfect! :)

Comments welcome as ever :)

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aaahahaha, nice one sam! Interior isnt something i'd opt for though!!
Looks much better in person, I wasn't keen in the advert but completely suits it in reality. Is a deeper red colour than the picture suggests, and in pristine condition too!

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TVR's are cool, although i'd probably not pick the cerbera if i was to buy one, they are all great. And the sound they make, just brilliant.
Which would you buy, out of interest?

·
Dr frankenstein
8,272 Posts
Always been a fan of TVR's and yours looks a great example Sam. does it have a radio, if I remember rightly it was an optional extra when the car came out lol...

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Always been a fan of TVR's and yours looks a great example Sam. does it have a radio, if I remember rightly it was an optional extra when the car came out lol...
CD changer in the boot and decent speakers all round
:thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
my old doctor had one the same, awesome car. engine bay pics?

Reactions: Sam

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Agree with all above, not something I'd choose for the money. However, not doubt it's a fkin awesome car, and a massive step up from any corsa haha.

The specs don't seem bad either:p

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Agree with all above, not something I'd choose for the money. However, not doubt it's a fkin awesome car, and a massive step up from any corsa haha.

The specs don't seem bad either:p
It's the only car I could find sub 50k that ticks all the boxes:
0-60 4 seconds
coupe/2 door style
RWD
V8 or turbo
4 seats

I'll try bring it to Xmas meet and you'll all see what I mean about the noise too!

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I have no doubt of it being awesome mate. I'd have one all day long if I had somethign to swap other than cash haha

Reactions: Sam

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
when i first opened the page, i didnt like it. Just revisited, and its growing on me. Im unsure on the interior. It must drink a fair bit, it being a v8?

·
Premium Member
7,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
very nice! thats going to guzzle the petrol bet its lots of fun, if you dont mind me asking how much did it set you back?
It's mental mate. Rather not discuss price lol - enough!

I have no doubt of it being awesome mate. I'd have one all day long if I had somethign to swap other than cash haha
Just fix the Corsa, I'd rather have that! (if it was a 3 door)

when i first opened the page, i didnt like it. Just revisited, and its growing on me. Im unsure on the interior. It must drink a fair bit, it being a v8?
I think it's stunning. Hoping to get 20mpg on a run, 10-12mpg flooring it!

1 - 20 of 180 Posts