All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here is a picture of my car looking nice and clean for once!

Thats the first time its been cleaned for three months, would have taken more pictures but my cameras battery went flat :(

Unfortunately, i now look out my window and its raining :( always happens that way

Here is whats in my garage at the moment, thought i might as well have a quick go at it as i had some spare time on my hands.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Looks like you cleaned that well, needs lowering though. Will look good once that post-97 bumper is on.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like you cleaned that well, needs lowering though. Will look good once that post-97 bumper is on.
Yeah i will lower it soon, pay day on friday so we shall see how my money situation is.

Ive got the post 97 front bumper to put on and a rear aswell so once all done should be great

Is that sprayed? Or have yo been sanding it
That was a textured bumper that i sanded smooth, primed and thats a picture of the first colour coat

WOW! what did you polish that with?
I used fairly cheap Car Plan stuff from Focus, i would of given it another two coats of polish but the light started to fade and rain clouds started to gather :(

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
That was a textured bumper that i sanded smooth, primed and thats a picture of the first colour coat
Best way mate - light coatings and build it up :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Best way mate - light coatings and build it up :thumbs_up:
Yeah its had three coats so far and is looking ok, another couple and it should be ready for a light sanding down and lacquering.

I always get worried i will screw up the lacquering, im self taught so am always worried im not doing it right :(

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As long as you remember to warm can up before spraying you'll be fine mate :thumbs_up:
Ok i will have to remember that, cheers for the advice :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yep cant go far wrong with geebs' help hehe

You should be able to do it, I just followed geebs' way and now they look really good

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow those look ace.

Well if i do go wrong i can always sand down and start again LOL

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yeah if that's a first coat it looks very patchy, all my coats fully covered the primer. 1 can to each coat on my front bumper. It is costly but other people geebs and kingsizeriz use hycote products / paints which are a bit cheaper than halfords stuff. I think hycote ones are a better colour match as well as I think my paint work will need a bit of a tcut or polishing to get it to match

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah that was a very quick first coat just to get it started, after three coats its pretty much done, just need to recover some patches and get it all perfect :)

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I love the feeling of the sanded primer it's really smooth!

With lacquar you just have to make sure the can is hot, not lots but quite warm and well shaken and dont overspray one area too much otherwise it will run, i did that on my rear bumper the other day and had to sand it back and re colour and lacquar it.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
dont overspray one area too much otherwise it will run, i did that on my rear bumper the other day and had to sand it back and re colour and lacquar it.
Done that before - gutting ain't it

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Yep it really annoyed me because I had to wait for it to dry properly before I could repair it and I wanted to sort it out there and then! lol. It has done it a bit on my front but not bad so i left it, it is only at the very bottom tucked under near splitter so you cant even see it

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah when i sprayed up some interior bits for my last car i over sprayed the lacquer, left loads of drips, i wasn't impressed with myself, but you learn from your mistakes

1 - 19 of 19 Posts