All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had a look at my alloys an it had et an just before it it had wot looked like 85 in a circle is that right? would i be able to lower it with these if so would it need much arch work an how low could i go? cheers:)

·
Registered
390 Posts
they wont be et85 mate

check it again, more like the 8 would have been a three

if this is the case, making them et35, your guna have some scrubbing problems particularly at the back if u lower it, you will need quite a bit of archwork

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
o right it was so small could barly read it at the moment it scrub the plastic with 3 ppl in the back.wot would i have to do to lower it then? there quite new so i dont wana by a new set.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just had another look at one of the other wheels an they are 35.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Some people have said in the past that they have lowered their car and not had much problem with scrubbing etc when using wheels with an offset similar to yours. I'm honestly not sure what to suggest.
You could go all out and buy a suspension set-up, and it may either be ok or cause problems but it's quite an expensive thing if it turns out you won't be able to use the set-up.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Let us know how you get on.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i dout he will know about wheels he dells more with enginesworth a go tho. i just dont wana go by coilovers an not be able to lower it.

·
Registered
390 Posts
jim i had wheels with the same offset as you on my old corsa, and ended up getting rid of them.

the wrong offset of wheel doesnt just affect the car when it comes to lowering it.

it compromises the handling etc , makes the steering/turn in much less accurate, and obviously you get scrubbing amongst other things.

i have also find that the 5 doors tend to be a bit worse for scrubbing at the back due the the different shape of the arch.

i replaced my et35 wheels with some standard vx alloys, correct offset, and it was like night and day. much better car to drive, and it pretty much cut the scrubbing right out.

the best thing i can suggest, is to sekll your alloys, and buy some in the correct offset, you will appreciate the difference let me tell you!!

failing that you will need some serious arch work. you even said yourself that it scrubs at the moment, and thats not it even lowered yet.

cut your losses mate and get a wheel with the correct fitment :)

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mite have to only thing is there only bout 4months old and dout il get much for them.:(

·
Registered
390 Posts
theres no hurry mate, just hold out til u get what you feel is a decent amount for them, and if it takes a while then in that time u can be saving for new wheels

you dont have to spend a fortune on wheels either, i picked up 5 astra mk3 gsi wheels for 80 quid, done them in black myself and they looked mint!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
mite have to only thing is there only bout 4months old and dout il get much for them.:(
Get them on ebay and mention you may take swaps.
It's well worth a try, and like Mark said, you don't have to sell them if you don't get the right price for them.
It's also worth finding out what other cars they may fit as it would broaden the range of people who could buy them.

·
Registered
585 Posts
You can't go far wrong with Vauxhall alloys, the majority of them are ET49 and you can safely lower your car 60mm on 195/45(or 50) on 15inchers.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i mite give ebay a go.i woz looking at the five spoke one off the carlton but think there only 5 stud.

·
Registered
390 Posts

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
cheers i like them but duno if they will look right on the car.duno if you could but could some1 try photo shop them onto my car.cheers

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Have a look at Lee_H's car, that's got the irmscher softstars on it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts