All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well not been around much so a belated Merry Christmas to you all ;)

As promised, here are some pics of my car;

When I bought her....

During...(B pillar repairs, semi-smoothing hatch)

After....(Full repray (inc. shuts))

Sorry about the amount of pics but it gives a better overall idea of what went into my motor ;)

She's had:

C16SE Conversion
Debadged grille
New bonnet, hatch and doors
Post 97 front bumper
New alloys
Depo headlights
Side repeaters
Semi-smoothed hatch
New front arches
GSi style colourcoding

Comments welcomed :D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Absolutely lovely that is. Really shiney.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'd love Morettes but too pricey...I'm happy with the Depos for now at least ;)

In the New Year I'll be acquiring a full Gmax setup (40mm)....no need to go lower, especially with the state of the roads and my driveways camber.

I'm dead chuffed with her.....she flies too, a real pleasure to drive.

EDIT: Oh and a Magnex oval backbox....but not priority atm.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
how come the car didnt have the sri spoiler when you first got it?
Because it had been ripped off...not taken off...literally ripped. Where the bolts were, were just holes. As seen in this pic:
(look along the top edge).

Corsasi....it is an SRi, as stated on the V5.

I changed the engine because the original 1.4 8v looked as though it had seen better days (head gasket looked like it was on last legs) and I managed to source an Astra C16SE for £100 that had just had the cambelt and head gasket replaced. It's running beautifully.

A 2.0L conversion isn't the be all and end all and neither is a 16v 1.6 :laugh: I've got more torque in the lower gears than the C16XE and I'm a road user....no need. Wow, I lose 7 horses...gutted :D

The cost of a 2.0L conversion outweighed the benefits to me and I was on a tight budget. Even so, my car looks like it just came out of the factory.

I've also declared my engine unlike most of the C20XE projects that have been built so if the worst does happen, my insurance stands :D

Ain't she a stunner now huh ;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I ain't finished her yet ;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks lads...I'll love her even more once she's sitting lower to the floor :driver:

One thing I've learned....got to be patient :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah she was a bit of a state when I first had her :laugh:

There was also a $ symbol scratched into the neaside door.....bang in the middle (quite a large one). A scrape on the drivers door and a scrape along offside of the bonnet. Saw through all of it.

In all she's cost me (including the car itself) around £1900 with not much else I want to do except £200 on a full Gmax 40mm setup and maybe another £150 on the Magnex backbox. Wouldn't mind a £340 rollcage either but that can wait.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
A few good plans there just to finish it off.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts