All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
woot fitted central locking 2 my car only took about two hours :thumbs_up: just wanted to shear that with you :D

:driver:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
think i might buy one of them next month on payday, im getting sick of not having central locking, and remote locking would be cool :D
how do connect the motor things to the locks? iv taken the actual thing you pull off of my drivers side when i retrimmed my doorcards, but all the mechanism is still there, just not the plastic knob you pull, will it stillwork?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It camps on 2 the rod that has ur knob thing was on, if u look on the car door without any weather proof stuff on u will see a hole where u can screw it in without making any other holes. It will sit there well and works good, put all the spear wires and remote receiver behind the door card so no faffing with that also :D then just wire up 2 bat :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as if that would work... maybe if u havn't got weather proofing on it... lol

puse this type of central locking dosn't even go near ur lock, but n/m lol

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lol im not gonna go down 2 a toy shop 2 see 2 buy a tennis ball 2 burn it lol mad head i really dout it, have u tried it? lol that was a newer car, maybe its central locking works in a different way :S

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hmm maybe i'll invest in a tennis ball then but i really do dout it, it would just mean that anyone could get in any car, crazy lol

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
does it connect to the actual rod with the *** on? or the rod that that rod connects to where the little metal block is?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
the rod with the knob on it, thats what i connected it 2 works for me, instrustions say connected it 2 the lock rod if that helps u lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Ive started to fit my central locking kit, fitted it to the passenger front door so far, ill get there in the end.

Oh alboon, how loud is it when you lock and unlock your doors, mine are loud as f***, wanna know if its just becuase i bought a cheap kit with crappy motors and stuff.

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
Josh I think that is one of the biggest myths ever that one :rolleyes: .

I remember speaking to my old college lecturer years ago about it and he just laughed. IMO there is absolutely no way that would work, it's impossible.
i think its something to do with the air pressuring against the pistony thing of the central locking and pops up the lock
i dunno for sure though but still better safe than sorry ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts