All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, query for you all. I have a 2000 Corsa B, 1.2, 16V and the top speed I've got on it is 99mph. The problem that I have is that when accelerating away, sometimes when I hit about 60 or 70 mph, the yellow engine management light comes on and it seems as if I have to ease off the accelerator before the light goes off. Whilst the light is on, it seems as if my car slows down slightly. This happens a couple of times whilst driving on the motorway but never whilst driving normally in urban conditions. Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on? Thanks in advance. Rodders x

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Does it come on at certain rpm? or is it only when you hit those speeds?

·
Registered
901 Posts
Guys, query for you all. I have a 2000 Corsa B, 1.2, 16V and the top speed I've got on it is 99mph. The problem that I have is that when accelerating away, sometimes when I hit about 60 or 70 mph, the yellow engine management light comes on and it seems as if I have to ease off the accelerator before the light goes off. Whilst the light is on, it seems as if my car slows down slightly. This happens a couple of times whilst driving on the motorway but never whilst driving normally in urban conditions. Can anyone enlighten me as to what is going on? Thanks in advance. Rodders x
lol get it proper check out mate thats not right

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't got an induction kit on it yet. I looked in the manual but it just said that if the light comes on for long periods of time then there is a problem, but if it comes on and then goes out again after a short period of time, then it is normal. But should it be like this? Does anyone else have the same problem? All I want my car to do is to have a bit of speed and decent acceleration which it has, kind of. Maybe a new pipercross induction kit will help "Christina" breathe properly.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
No I wouldnt recommend getting an induction kit really mate. Try and get your car on a scanner see if any error codes come up and go from there.

·
Registered
33 Posts
mine did exact same on motorway, and for a few days always seemed to lag a bit when accelaratin away, almost as if the engine wasn't geting enough air through, my dad who is a mechanic said not to worry too much, i cleaned out my air filter, and added a bit of chemical to the petrol to clean through the fuel induction system

might of just been fluke but the light didnt come back, and never will as the car is now scrap :)

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
that happened to me on a motorway as well, but after a while it came on constantly. i got it scanned, and it was the egr valve. i got it cleaned and it hasn't cone on yet. try redexing it, see if that helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Mine's is constantly on, when I bought it had had an induction kit fitted by the previous owner, my mechanic mate tells me it needs another air box, which is apparently about a fiver,

I'm not sure what's involved because I know nothing about engines

but what's happening sounds similar,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts