1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guy new here so bare with me

i recintly bought a corsa 1.2 running a 2.0l 8v running around 150 bhp
now this is where it gets funny well sort of any way
i pick up the car from stafford on monday 5 minutes after i got it some dosey women drove into me and messed it up ok not the tidy ist car but had plans any way drove it back 60 miles not fun at all i can tell you , got up to see damage bottom arm bent ball joint bent both struts bent pics to follow any way while fixing said car her insurance company rang she admitted it was her fault and they offered me £1250 compo bonus and i said fiixing it being a mechanic so they agreed to pay me to fix it another £300 on top so shopping time, no not sure but i think chassis leg is bent but not certain so found another corsa 1.2 in green nice for £250 then went shopping on ebay and £500 pound later ordered all the bits i want plus cav slabs so she did me a favor in a sense now i can build my car in a month rather that 12 months bonus any way here some pics of the damage i post more pics up after may keep my car depends if chassis is bent or not if not then ill save money
any pic blow of damage

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
any way there the damage pics dont look to bad no the new struts are on ill post them up in the morning still cant make my mind up if chassis bent or not

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
right plans bit of a list but here goes

rear vec b disk convertion
front dicks convertion vec b with calipers
front and rear sits out of corsa c
change head liner to dark blue
spray in triour parts blue
add leds foot wells and dash
fit combat body kit
smooth boot undicided yet
spray cav slabs pearl electric blue
wrap bonnet carbon blue
re do lowering springs blue
fit new front struts
clean underneath and re paint under seal
rub body down and respray satin black all over
fit audio
sort exhaust out as its blowing
tint windows
retrim door cards
take engine out and sort wiring and paint engine bay blue refit engine
move battery to the back
fit new wing and angel eyes
make bad boy bonnet
fit new steering wheel and boss
possibly fit digi dash not sure yet
fit plasma gauges ault-meter oil pressure and air fuel ratio
service engine
think thats it lol big list but worth it i hope

·
Registered
9,910 Posts
What's been done to the engine to get it to that power?
The chassis isn't looking great to be honest from the amount of camber on the side that got hit looks a bit more than the other side. Besides, for the money you got paid out i'd just bought a good base car and swap the parts over instead and never worry about it.

·
Registered
210 Posts
right plans bit of a list but here goes

rear vec b disk convertion
front dicks convertion vec b with calipers
front and rear sits out of corsa b
change head liner to dark blue
spray in triour parts blue
add leds foot wells and dash
fit combat body kit
smooth boot undicided yet
spray cav slabs pearl electric blue
wrap bonnet carbon blue
re do lowering springs blue
fit new front struts
clean underneath and re paint under seal
rub body down and respray satin black all over
fit audio
sort exhaust out as its blowing
tint windows
retrim door cards
take engine out and sort wiring and paint engine bay blue refit engine
move battery to the back
fit new wing and angel eyes
make bad boy bonnet
fit new steering wheel and boss
possibly fit digi dash not sure yet
fit plasma gauges ault-meter oil pressure and air fuel ratio
service engine
think thats it lol big list but worth it i hope
Why combat body kit:palm:? Why not gsi?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
not sure on the engine not takin it out yet and there accident pics it looks better than that now will post picks up and yes base car is a option just seeing if it salvagable first before i spend money i dont need to if i did get another i d not want to pay more than 200

and resaon for combat kit only paid 100 for it so why not lol if looks naff ill get rid and get something else

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right quick update i was going to use corsa c seats but the ones i wonted sold so plan b vectra sri have leather ones will look nice i think

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
im quessing to be fair but i will pull it out at some point next week need a rebuild and a cleen plus a pig to start in the mornings i know standard it would be the 130bhp model i think its running diffrent cam and something else but cant be sure till it aprt

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Do us a favour please. Use punctuation in your sentences, and have a double check over your spelling. Also, I would appreciate it if you don't tell me you're dyslexic too. Thanks.

Reactions: Krazeedude

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
That looks like mega bodged/chucked in engine.

Combat look bad however they're fitted IMO. Your car though :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
lee go bite me lol anyway yes it was a bodged in engine i bought like that as a project to do up over time , but as you can see some woman drive crashed into me so , i have just got my hands on another one and im planning on using that a base car i.e doing it properly ,making sure all the wires are hidin new brake lines the lot , mite as well seen as i got a pay out hehe

so as you can see there is a lot planned and as i'm a mechanic anyway and it will be done properly this time nice and neat hate a messy engine bay this is my old build i did

vectra v6 2.5 220bhp

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
thats a c20ne. all of 115bhp...

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Lee, go bite me, lol. Anyway, yes it was a bodged in engine. I bought it like that as a project to do up over time, but as you can see, some woman driver crashed into me. I have just got my hands on another car and I'm planning on using that a base car, i.e doing it properly, making sure all the wires are hidden, new brake lines, the lot. Might as well, seen as I got a pay out. Hehe.

So as you can see, there is a lot planned and as I'm a mechanic anyway, it will be done properly this time, nice and neat. I hate a messy engine bay. This is my old build I did.

Vectra V6 2.5 220bhp
:thumbs_up: :)

1 - 20 of 127 Posts