All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Isn't very loud at all, especially when its cold, bit gutted after payin £85, spose thats life:(

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think its called sebring and its 6"x3" or 4" oval.

·
Registered
801 Posts
If it has a nice burble when ticking over your sorted mate, you don't need a big loud rally style exhaust on a 1.0 or a 1.2 it just attracts attention. Thats my thoughts anyway.
I thought Sebrings gave a nice ticking over deep tone?

Also wait a couple of weeks or so - When I first put mine on it sounded crap, after maybe a month it started getting deeper.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah the sebring ones are brilliant once they get a bit of build up in them. I had mine on my 1.2 8v ls and afer a while it developed into a real nice low deep tone.
I'd suggest getting a mate to drive it by you so you can see what it sounds like.
The sound from revving the car and it actually driving can be very different.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh rite, but its already been on another car and only been off it for a couple of months so thort it wudda broke in already so u reckon it will get better afta a month or so?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not too sure as mine was brand new when I bought it. Can't understand why it wouldn't sound well on yours.

·
Registered
393 Posts
the engine needs time to 'run-in' to the exhaust if you change it for something else, chances are after a while it'll get used to it and the note will gradually change.

·
Registered
390 Posts
yeah once its worn in a bit it should get louder, as said before you dont want it to be stupidly loud, theres a few cars up my way, 1.0 litres etc that you can hear coming from the other side of the town, its not really that ncie to be honest :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
The thing with the sebring is it's a really refined pleasant exhaust note. Not like the over the top beancans you see these days. Louder is not always better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts