All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 745 Posts

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My nan has owned this car since I was 5, I'd always liked it, and when I was 16, she made the mistake of offering it to me for my birthday.

Discussions went ahead, and we realised it would be better for everyone if she kept it, but I get to drive it. She's still the main driver, but I get to take it to school and work now and then, and as far as modding goes, I'm tidying and improving, so no huge exhausts or bodykits, or alloys or lowering unfortunately, but plenty of shiny things. 3 people have called me a tart so far. Not good for a guy with long hair. Anyway, opening waffle over (there will be a few)...

First, I replaced all the interior bulbs, boot, curtesy and glove box took seconds, MFD was about 2 mins, center console was a pain, 2/3 hours worth and one of the cheap leds blew! I've since replaced it (today actually) and the panel now has good light coverage, took me about an hour including faffing. I have installed underseat floor lighting too :)

After that, I took off the bump strips. Horrid things. Found some nice colour difference underneath. Happier with it now tho.

I added an SMD strip connected to the side lights, and some LED screenwashers, blue like all other lights, and actually my Nan's suggestion.

The side repeaters were replaced with white ones, orange 5 SMD bulbs which do a surprisingly good job.
Tried changing the speedo backing lights, and it seems to be T10 twist size, which i didn't know existed.
Tried colour coding the other day, sprayed the door handle covers and heater slider panel thing. Right colour, wrong sprayer; it looks a tad crap tbh.

Today, I bought a smoke grey (to save me painting) GSI rear bumper, 3 GSI arches and a spoiler with built in brake light. Very good deal, bought from 'Tempzpooliez', so now I need to get one arch colour coded, and happy days! Not going to bother with side skirts just yet, and I'd like a front bumper but I can't find any GSIs that aren't silly money, and the chance of finding a smoke grey one is seriously slim. My aim is for something like this (especially the red/clear rear lights):

(sorry if I've stolen an image of your car without asking, but take it in admiration, not copying) :)
I've probably missed some stuff which I'll post later, thanks for reading :]

That was then, this is it now:

·
Registered
233 Posts
will look nice mate :) deffinatley wants a new front bumper, try a post 97 standard one, but respray smoke grey as you cant get post 97's that colour, will make the full thing look alot newer, if it were me id remove the LS badges too gives the little element of wondering what engine it realy has lol :p

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I like that idea, I could do with completing the debadging. I'm not too bothered about the front bumper just yet, I'll have the arches done, and have ran out of money! Imma hold out for a GSI front bumper. I know they're silly prices, but they look cool and seem worth it, just need to find some monies!

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you know the gsi archs are diffrent to normal arches right? there designed to fit with the gsi side skirts and are shorter than normal ones
Aaah. No, I didn't know that. Just how terrible is the difference? Live-with-able?

·
Registered
233 Posts
theres a front bumper with skirts on the bay at the min mate, cheap'ish at the moment but will probably rocket up closer to the end

·
Registered
233 Posts
think there actualy replica skirts anyway they look like 1piece were a complete set of gsi skirts should come in 8 piece's 2 L's 2 Skirts and 4 Jacking covers
good shout mate, missed that one myself.. should know that from my gsi lol:palm:

·
Registered
752 Posts
heh nice looking car.. you mod like me, just things that light up haha well.. a few bodywork items.

car i have now.. has nothing that lights up :/ so i cant change anything around ahaha

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
think there actualy replica skirts anyway they look like 1piece were a complete set of gsi skirts should come in 8 piece's 2 L's 2 Skirts and 4 Jacking covers
That's a really good tip, I'll remember that!

1 - 20 of 745 Posts