All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had a 1.0 12v corsa before, and wanted something faster.

Paid £2000 for a Corsa Sport 1.6 16v. With only 38,000 miles :)

I have some black Cav GSi wheels to go on, hopefully ill be getting some Spax RSX Coilovers, and a full system over the next few weeks. Im going to completely strip out the rear :D, and when one finally comes up, buy a performance inlet mainfold, i have alot more planned, these are just the thing i want doing asap.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Thats a great buy that is. Does it have fsh?
I paid 2200 for mine in January and it's on an S-reg.

I highly recommend drilling your airbox and getting a panelfilter, the sound is great.

Also when you do anything to it try and get some pics of the various stages and get them uploaded into the tutorials section.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Sounds like a great buy to me. I did the same thing, I had a 1.2 8v for my first year, then after that I got a 1.6 16v sport. Wanted a black one ideally but they are so rare to find in 1.6 form. I got a red one in the end. I paid £1600 for mine and it had 64,000 miles on it, mine is also an S reg, it also had 16 inch alloys and clear rear lights too which was a bonus! Although it had a problem with cutting out but I've had all that sorted now for about £200-ish. I was happy with what I paid for mine. Gotten used to the acceleration now, want to get a 2.0 put in but thats a big no no for many reasons right now lol. That sport you have looks like its in mint condition, look after it. What do you think of the performance over the 1.0? A fair bit of difference I think ;)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah difference is huge. I looked at getting a c20xe, got insurance quotes etc, but 1.6, once tunned, is just as good, if not better, they handle better etc. Im going to get a mantzel inlet manifold, camed, and remap sometime early next year, along with a full system and 4-2-1 manifold, and completely strip it. Seen afew with a simlar spec running at around 160bhp, and they eat standard c20xe, due to the pure weight differences

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I had a mantzel for mine but never ended up fitting it. I kept chnaging my mind over what to do with it.
I also had a stainless exhaust manifold fitted. It was really raspy but had a bit of noticable power gain.
Took it all off now though, the only mods are decat pipe with silencer, and a k&n panel filter with drilled airbox.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What did you do with the mantzel? I want one but there sooo hard to come across second hand, and dont really want to pay £500 plus for a new one.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Just sold it on. I'm regretting it now. The main persuasion was that I was off on holiday and needed the cash desperately.
When I was selling mine there was at least another 3 or so for sale.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
:eek: .....There are afew crapy copy's about, but there no good, ill just have to keep looking.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Keep waiting and one will definately turn up.
There the dbilas one, lexmaul one, and mantzel one.
If your any good at german have a look on the german ebay, there are sometimes a few on there.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
That one posts to europe.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah i saw that, I have emailed him, in little German i know, and english in any chance he speaks it:D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Good luck with it, it would be a right buy if you could get that.

·
Registered
390 Posts
mate you'll find that most of the germans will be able to speak english, and that if you ask nicely they will post to the uk at cost!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yeah difference is huge. I looked at getting a c20xe, got insurance quotes etc, but 1.6, once tunned, is just as good, if not better, they handle better etc. Im going to get a mantzel inlet manifold, camed, and remap sometime early next year, along with a full system and 4-2-1 manifold, and completely strip it. Seen afew with a simlar spec running at around 160bhp, and they eat standard c20xe, due to the pure weight differences
Are the 2.0 litres much more heavier than the 1.6 then? Thing is if I was going for power I'd prefer the 2.0 as it would have more torque throughout the rev range. But if it would affect the handling that much then maybe tuning the 1.6 could be the better option. What kind of money would you have to spend and how much extra power would you get? Say if I were to aim for a reasonable 130bhp, what parts would be needed and how much would you think it would cost?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Apparently the 2.0 corsas do handle a bit like ****. Work can be done to improve the handling though.
130bhp could possibly be achieved with an aftermarket stainless steel exhaust manifold and a mantzel. Although this does vary on the condition of the engine aswell. To up the chance of getting 130bhp or over, getting the ecu remapped or chipped is a good option, along with cams.
You'd be looking at anything from about £400-1000 I'd reckon.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Really? £1000 spread out over time for an approximate 30bhp increase doesnt sound all that bad. I thought a lot of time and a lot of money would have to be spent to achieve much more than 5-10bhp lol.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Nope the mantzel alone its claimed will achieve anywhere between 10-22bhp apparently.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts